Location: San Antonio - Texas
Location: Huntsville - Alabama
Location: United States of America Arkansas (remote)
Position could be located anywhere within the US and will be determined at the time of hiring. Expectation of position is that candidate would be willing to locate close to customer site typically for 12 months (could be longer or shorter).
Responsible for performing system engineering for information projects typically based on Rockwell Automation MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems) product software applied to customer manufacturing systems. Works on project assignments that are dependent upon the Job Level (moderate to complex projects). Designs, defines and implements complex system requirements for customers and/or prepares studies and analyzes existing systems. Determines system specifications and coordinates design of subsystems and integration of total system. This includes system design, system engineering, hardware engineering, programming and factory testing. Identifies, analyzes and resolves program support deficiencies. Develops and recommends corrective actions.
- Analyzes customer's requirements to determine the optimal information system solution and determines applicable control configuration/architecture
- Performs conceptual information systems design, determination of system strategy, design of assembled programming
- May provides on-site system start-up as required.
- Could require 30-50% travel although likely will be at one site at a time for extended period.
- Have a good understanding of IT/OT industry specific applications particularly around information solutions, Analytics and MES.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate and monitor resources for projects including setting and managing time-scales and budgets.
- Provide verbal and written reports to communicate project status as required and contribute to project review meetings.
- Visit internal/external panel manufacturing facilities to assess progress, provide technical assistance and for final inspection and sign off.
- Client liaison and interface with management
- Development and maintenance of customer relationship
- Team player with the ability to integrate with other team project members
- Review project hardware/software for compliance with applicable codes/standards and assure personnel/machinery safety practices are fully implemented
- Attends, participates in the preparation and presentation of technical papers in industry symposiums and trade shows, as applicable
- Coordinate customer requirements with engineering and other appropriate departments to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction is achieved
- Bachelor degree in Engineering discipline with software programming background
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Experience of information system applications throughout the project lifecycle from initial design concepts through to installation and subsequent client support.
- Related control systems application experience as follows; 3 years of experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).