Location: Mequon - Wisconsin
Summary / Scope of Position:
With supervision perform moderately difficult duties to the installation and operation of motor control test devices and equipment used in new product qualification testing. Supports planning, construction, modification, repair and maintenance of test setups, and test equipment as directed by the Test Manager or Technical Lead. Supports development and test engineers and design personnel as required. Performs product qualification tests to agency and Rockwell standards.
This individual would need to be available to work second shift. The current shift time with COVID is 2:00PM - 10:00PM, with some flexibility in timing (an hour or two later, earlier, etc...).
- Assist in the build up and modify test setups including motors, transformers, power cabling, communications, and drive systems for both AC and DC applications.
- Perform basic level testing on hardware, firmware and software based products at the individual function and complete product level.
- Perform testing utilizing motor dynamometers.
- Utilize with assistance automation programs based on RS Logix (ladder logic), C, Visual Basic, and TAF.
- Maintain and learn new technological skills so that they may be appropriately applied in product test or to development processes.
- Utilize and interpret the following test and development instrumentation: digital oscilloscopes, analog and digital volt meters and ammeters, differential amplifiers with voltage probes, current transformers, Hall Effect current probes with amplifiers, LCR meters, torque transducers, power supplies, personal computers, dynamometers, and environmental chambers.
- Understand and practice laboratory procedures for the safe and efficient use of electronic instrumentation, electrical power, rotating electrical machinery, and general laboratory cleanliness.
- Actively support safety programs through preparation and maintenance of department safety-related processes and procedures, including lockout-tag out (LOTO), inspections, and related processes.
- Ensure a safe lab working environment by enforcing safe lab practices by all who enter the labs.
- With assistance troubleshoot a test setup to determine root cause and remedy for malfunction.
- Support the construction of automated test stations for functional testing.
- With assistance, use communication protocol such as E-Net; D-Net; C-Net; and Logix programming.
- Must keep a notebook of documented notes that thoroughly explains test conditions, restrictions, analysis, and test results that serve as justification and input to test reports and results.
- Ability to write reports and manipulate data with MS Office Tools.
- Be able to operate cranes, hoists, fork lift and other material handling equipment as required.
- Hold oneself accountable for achieving goals and meeting commitments.
- Encourage a positive work environment to foster outstanding performance. Possess and share a vision of success and work with individuals to help all reach their full potential.
- Promote new ideas and initiatives.
- Ability to work as a team member for the test organization within Rockwell Automation
- With supervision, drives general activities toward completion with the ability to communicate functionally within the test organization.
- Contributor in the area of Product Development and Test.
- Network with people across a variety of functions and locations within the organization.
- Create an environment that encourages the open exchange of information and viewpoints.
- Conform to all aspects of the company's goals, values, and standards of ethical conduct while demonstrating integrity, and trustworthiness under all circumstances. Treat others honestly and fairly.
- Adapt appropriately to competing demands and shifting priorities. Be an agent of change.
- Work with Manager and team to resolve priority conflicts or feature requirements.
- Ensures through familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws.
- May travel as required to meet the requirements of assigned projects
- Associates of Science in Electrical Engineering Technology or related engineering discipline
- Rockwell Automation will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. No sponsorship is being offered with this role.
- Requires the physical ability to utilize ladders and maneuver in and around large high power motors and power cabinets and limited space areas.
- Requires the mental and visual ability to read and interpret computer programs, operating systems, and communications systems information
- Requires the ability to lift up to sixteen kilograms (16Kg) or thirty five pounds (35lbs).
- Minimum 1 year of product development or testing experience
- Familiarity with Rockwell Automation products or other industrial control equipment
- Familiarity with RS Logix 5000 or other PLC programming tools
- Familiarity with UL508C, IEC 61800-5-1, IEC 61508 TUV functional safety, IEC 17025 requirements
- Familiarity with Kan-ban tools, product requirement tools, and Microsoft office applications.
- Must exhibit excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Minimal travel to local facilities for testing may be requested
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).