Wednesday, June 2, 2021
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media
assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S.,
and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with
more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing
services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which
are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events
business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Event Graphic Designer
Ventures Events is seeking an experienced graphic designer. Ventures Events is an event production company specializing in delivering world-class events for the media industry and the communities they serve. We constantly strive to exceed expectations, create unforgettable memories, and generate new revenue streams while leveraging our reputable and institutional brands. Our events inspire pride and progressive innovation throughout the ever-changing media industry, while still relying on core newspaper strengths -- our ability to create content, attract audiences, and bring powerful meaning to the lives of others. We are the industry leader in event production and execution from coast to coast.
To conceptualize, design and execute creative solutions that consistently and clearly communicate the company's brand identity, positioning and messaging through all brand touch points (including print, TV, radio, website, email, social media, events, B2B and B2C marketing collateral, internal marketing, etc.). This strategic, conceptual thinker will have a wide range of design capabilities and experience, with a solid background in visual communications, commercial art, print, digital, photography, branding, and typography.
- Use artistic skills and basic design principles to determine the best visual effect in planning, developing, and designing creative, aesthetic materials that are targeted to a specific audience and are consistent with the image of the company.
- Create and assemble images and graphics to produce designs for websites, print media, social media, collateral materials, and other advertising mediums.
- Supports the Sales teams by creating sales materials such as flyers and PowerPoint presentations.
- Maintain consistent brand guidelines and representations across all mediums.
- Able to work on a variety of projects simultaneously while maintaining accuracy and requiring minimal supervision.
- Monitor and meet deadlines as assigned.
- Responsible for seeing all projects through from concept, design, production, completion and delivery.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Ventures Events team on all creative projects. Follow the companys brand identity standards and guidelines.
- Interact with Ventures Events team to develop creative concepts and executions.
- Work closely with Ventures Events team to keep all projects on track.
- Presents design work at various stages for review and final approval.
- Interfaces with printers and various external vendors.
- Completion of other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Personally work on graphic development growth.
- 3+ years of experience in graphic design with a creative focus.
- Degree is graphic design or related.
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize.
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage and execute multiple projects with excellent time management skills.
- Proficiency in Adobe, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, PDF, and MS Office.
- Strong understanding of marketing principles and advertising strategy.
- Proactive, with the ability to work well independently and as a team.
- Professional, positive attitude with a strong work ethic and willingness to observe and learn.
- Ensure all work consistently meets established brand standards and guidelines.
Gannett Co., Inc.is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Creative & Design