The Health Information Clerk is responsible for the coordination between patients, specialist care services, and additional parties to provider comprehensive and quality care. This position will also maintain the integrity of patient medical records in accordance with HIPAA standards during the process of assembling, retrieving, and scanning confidential patient medical records and patient information as requested and authorized.
- Processes incoming medical record documents by determining appropriate classification and label, and routes documents to the appropriate team member.
- Processes in-coming and out-going medical records requests in accordance to specific requests/restrictions on the forms.
- Scans and processes barcoded medical record documents into the electronic health record.
- Maintains access to outside facility EHR’s as needed and is able to retrieve relevant health information and upload it into the EIHC EHR system.
- Update patient records and records management for deceased patients or patients.
- Communicates effectively with patients, outside organizations, and staff in a professional and timely manner.
- Collaborates with EIHC clinical providers and staff to collect any required information and paperwork for a referral.
- Coordinates between relevant parties including but not limited to the patient, care givers, interpretive services, transportation, and healthcare providers.
- Responsible for efficient and accurate scheduling patient referrals with external physicians.
- Is knowledgeable of specialty programs/physicians, as well as community resources.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- One year work experience in a medical office setting
- Computer/typing skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- One or more years’ experience working with electronic health records
- Excellent verbal and written communication
EIHC provides competitive compensation and benefits.
If qualified, please submit cover letter and resume via email by clicking apply now!