The Department of Emergency Communications is seeking a dedicated and technologically savvy Electronics Speciailst to repair, install and maintain electronic equipment. The successful incumbent will have demonstrated skill in troubleshooting problems and recommending appropriate solutions.
Duties include but are not limited to
- Installing, testing, maintaining, and removing equipment such as computers, routers, keyboards, monitors; mobile radios, data and electronic equipment, back-up equipment, traffic radar equipment, dog kennel cages, emergency lights, etc; handling service calls by performing unscheduled repairs on service vehicles as assigned;
- Testing equipment such as lights, sirens, computers, routers, keyboards, monitors, etc.;
- Performing installations and removals of equipment in tight quarters such as in trunks of vehicles, under dashboards, and under the vehicle;
- Removing electronic equipment from retired vehicles such as mobile radios, computer equipment, lights, sirens, cages, radar equipment, and consoles
This position is considered essential personnel and is subject to work on-call,weekend and holiday hours as scheduled and during natural disasters and emergencies.
Qualifications, Special Certifications and Licenses
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Considerable working knowledge of direct and alternating current electronic theory. Demonstrated working knowledge of radio frequency theory and electrical component theory. General knowledge of mechanics and soldering. Computer proficiency skills in Microsoft Office and database management systems. Demonstrated ability to follow safety procedures and to understand and use testing equipment.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Completion of one year of college or specialized vocational training
- Two years of related maintenance and repair experience
- An equivalent combination of training and experience (as approved by the department) may be used to meet the minimum qualifications of the classification
- Associate's Degree or higher in electronics or related field
- Experience working in a public safety environment
- Experience installing radios and/or lights
- Experience installing vehicle equipment
LICENSING, CERTIFICATIONS, and OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- A valid Driver's License with a satisfactory driving record and a valid Commonwealth of Virginia Driver's License within 30 days of hire
Thank you for your interest in applying for opportunities with The City of Richmond