This position serves as an analyst who translates business problems and requirements into information requirements and systems, acting as a liaison between information systems and the remainder of the organization. Specific responsibilities will be focused on customer support, assigned applications, analysis, modification, programming, building and testing. This position will support the Training environment, including
training database, training material and computer based training content and will work closely with the systems analysts responsible for the production and development databases as well as the Clinical Informatics specialists that will coordinate training. Support other IS core processes and performs all other duties as assigned. . Independently carry out job functions as outlined below.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Communicates effectively with users, colleagues, vendors and organizational leaders to establish working relationships that foster optimal quality teamwork
- Demonstrates advanced proficiency in creating audience appropriate, detailed documentation, including recommendations for operational and/or system changes and improvements.
- Documentation includes, but not limited to system designs, procedures, process and data flows, RFPs, comprehensive project plans and SBARs
- Leads in coordinating aspects of planning, design, development, training, implementation, communication, maintenance and evaluation of existing or new functionality related to information systems.
- Ability to prioritize and work through conflicting demands leveraging critical thinking and strong decision making skills.
- Detailed understanding of clinical/ business operations workflows; able to incorporate policies and regulation into system design
- Applies LEAN principles in day to day activities; participates in and may suggest VSA or RIE
- Collaborates with team members to successfully complete assigned tasks, shares knowledge openly
- Maintains advanced knowledge of software and interdependencies with other systems and services; advising leadership of solutions to support high quality/low cost initiatives
- Leads adherence to standard operating procedures for issue, change and access management; recommends process improvement as systems evolve
The minimum level of education and experience for this position includes:
- 5 years' experience in information systems with client server application, programming or applications analysis or equivalent, such as business analysis.
- Strong working knowledge of application systems and analyst tools.
- 2 years' project management experience.
- Must obtain Epic certification in one or more modules within area of support
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.