Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Do you want to make a difference in the world? At Rockwell Automation you can do just that and more. Rockwell is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and sustainable. Rockwell is recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies in 2020. We place a high value on integrity which fosters an environment where all employees can and want to do their best work. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, please visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
What Rockwell Brings to You
Rockwell cares about our employees and our benefits package is just one way we support you. Outside the industry expected benefits, Rockwell provides paid parental leave, flexible work schedules, summer hours depending on business needs and eligibility for an annual bonus. To learn more about our Benefits Package, please visit https://raquickfind.com/.
What Rockwell Needs from You
Rockwell Automation is looking for an innovative engineer to join our global Software and Control organization in Mayfield Heights, Ohio. You will be part of an Agile Product Development team in Motion Control.
An ideal candidate will have a strong background in software development and exhibit the ability to flex between product development and test activities. Previous embedded software experience is a plus.
- Develop and test safety and security-critical embedded software for Programmable Logic Controllers
- Build and maintain automated tests and test frameworks in support of new and existing product features
- Work in a variety of hardware and software environments, ranging from commercial off-the-shelf to custom System on Chip architectures, and from general purpose to embedded real-time operating systems
- Use modern continuous integration and development tools, and promote continuous improvement of tools and practices across the global development organization
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of object-oriented programming concepts, C++ and Python are preferred
- Operate across the entire software development life cycle: requirements management, design, implementation, test, release, and maintenance
- Work on an Agile development team within a larger Scaled Agile Framework organization, participating in short term (sprint), medium term (program increment) and long term (product roadmap) planning
- Mentor less experienced personnel, and encourage knowledge sharing and learning among the development community.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent knowledge in the application of software engineering principles, theories, concepts, and techniques
- Experience developing software and automated tests and tools in object-oriented languages such as C++ and/or Python
- Advanced courses or degree in engineering, computer science or controls
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of software engineering experience with demonstrated professional development in software design and implementation
- Ability to understand and apply knowledge of object-oriented analysis, design, and programming techniques
- Experience with automation frameworks and tools development
- Experience in requirements decomposition and test traceability
- Experience in using open source tools like Git and Jenkins
- Knowledge of unit testing using tools like CppUnit, unittest, etc.
- Experience with continuous integration environments, automated test, and acceptance testing
- Experience working in an Agile development setting and Agile project tools
- Experience working with industrial protocols, especially Common Industrial Protocol (CIP)
- Experience developing software and test to safety and security standards such as IEC 61508 or IEC 62443
This position is part of a job family. Experience will be the determining factor.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).