ImOn Communications is the LOCAL choice for cable TV, high-speed Internet and phone service. We value the relationships we have with colleagues, customers, and members of our community and look forward to serving Eastern Iowa for many years to come. As we expand our service availability we are looking for a Business Analyst to be a part of the ImOn Difference! Our employees share a passion for building a culture of “Creating Connections One Person at a Time” and fostering a fun and rewarding work environment
The Business Analyst will be responsible for the daily, weekly, and monthly generation and validation of reporting for various departments. Will take large data extracts, convert them into reports and provide value added commentary on report results. A successful candidate will have an eye for detail and a desire for continuous improvement and automation.
Essential Job Responsibilities for Primary Functional Area of Accountability
- Prepare daily reporting and communication that includes customer count, revenue, contribution and other various metrics and projections.
- Assist in the development and review of review daily/weekly/monthly metrics, exception reports, and performance indicators.
- Analyze and interpret financial operating data related to company operations.
- Assists with ad-hoc reporting and data requests from various groups.
- Perform internal audits of billing and vendor information and data.
- Enhance reporting tools and review current processes for improvement.
- Performs variance analysis to better understand drivers of business results.
- Assist with monthly operations forecasting and preparation of annual operating budget.
- Maintains pricing and cost tables and assists in pricing updates.
- All other duties as assigned.
We are looking for some who has:
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects, meet established deadlines and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and a professionally skeptic mindset
- Proven problem-solving ability and willingness to think “outside the box”.
- Excellent comprehension, analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with users and under direction of project managers to define concepts.
Required Experience, Training, and Special Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, business analytics, computer science, management information systems or a related field.
- Must be extremely proficient with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, etc.) with a strong emphasis on Excel.
- 1-2 years’ experience using and developing queries and stored procedures with MS SQL Server (SSMS, SSRS).
- 1-2 years’ experience using and developing office applications with VBA.
- Experience with Power BI preferred but not required.
- Experience with Salesforce administration and reports/dashboards preferred but not required.
- Telecommunications experience preferred but not required.
In addition to competitive pay, ImOn also offers health & dental insurance, 401(k), discounted Cable, Internet & Phone services, and additional perks such as FREE vision insurance, FREE life insurance as well as FREE short term/long term disability, vacation & holiday pay, and community volunteer opportunities.