Thursday, June 3, 2021
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media
assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S.,
and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with
more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing
services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which
are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events
business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
USA TODAY NETWORK Venturescreates impactful consumer engagements and experiences through world-class events, promotions, races and technology. We strive to exceed expectations, create unforgettable memories and drive value for our partners while leveraging our reputable institutions, including USA TODAY and more than 250 local media brands. The events and promotions that we build inspire pride in local communities and connect local and national businesses with highly engaged audiences. We are an industry leader and drive results from coast to coast. USATVentures.com
At USA Today Network Ventures, we count on our executive team to solve complex business problems with creativity and passion, always looking to learn something new. We are seeking an experienced VP of National Sales to join us in this mission, with a focus on growing revenue, strategic planning, product development, and partnerships. Together with other members of the executive team, you will execute the current corporate strategic plan, focusing on expansion to new customer segments and partnerships, while ultimately strengthening operations. You will also be instrumental in creating future strategic plans with the goal of boosting revenue streams. You will also be responsible for achieving or exceeding quarterly and annual revenue budgets.
- Partner with other members of the executive team to execute the current corporate strategic plan, and develop future plans
- Ensure performance, strategy, and alignment of the organizations revenue-generating segments which include EnMotive, Endurance and Events & Promotions
- Manage a global sales team that can drive business growth across all customer segments and profiles, and share accountability with the business solutions function for improving the individual customer experience and strategy
- Help maximize reach and efficiency by adding new, scalable partners in a strategic way
- Build and foster creative teams committed to continuing our culture of innovation
- Monitor the revenue pipeline and leads, adjusting as necessary to create sustainable growth
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor the marketplace and analyze opportunities, providing competitive analysis, strategies, and tactics
- Stay well-connected with customers to ensure broad market needs are being incorporated into the product development and enhancement cycle
- Collaborate with finance, product management, and marketing on messaging, pricing strategies, and business models to achieve revenue goals
- Identify and resolve issues across the marketing/sales and account management functions
- Participate in contract negotiations
- Achieve or exceed individual revenue goals
- Achieve or exceed department revenue goals
- 10+ years in diversified leadership roles, driving and implementing revenue growth
- Proven track record of growing revenue through new product development, marketing, branding, and partnerships
- Proven experience developing and executing business strategy
- Significant general management and P&L experience
- Ability to craft and execute a business strategy
- History of decision-making based on business metrics
- Inspirational leadership style and hands-on approach
Strong technical experience with Salesforce and other commercial tools
MBAor equivalent advanced degree
Gannett Co., Inc.is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Consumer Marketing & Sales