Radio Integration Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Jun 3, 2021
Role Number: 200253504
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product!
- 10+ years of relevant design experience in SoC or PHY DFE and/or digital radio/transceiver, PLL Controller
- 10+ years of experience in SystemVerilog, C/C++, PHY DFE TX/RX algorithms
- 10+ years of experience with Digital Mixed Signal digital design
- 5+ years of managing a medium to large team of engineers through complex chips and dynamic schedules.
- Extraordinary leadership skills and ability to inspire team members with an innate ability to see the bigger picture.
- Passion to own/drive design schedules using well-defined metrics.
- Experience working in a high-energy multi-disciplined engineering environment, strong at multi-tasking, and real-time crisis management
- Ability to understand and extract action plans from complex technical discussions and translate into succinct messaging for multi-functional and executive status reporting
- Excellent debugging skills. Shown ability to drive resolution of critical problems.
- Work with platform architects, system groups and RFIC designers to develop digital modules within the RFIC. - Modules can include, but not limited to, SPI, calibration engines, high speed digital front-end blocks for Tx/Rx, digital filters, and digital control. - Design digital blocks for digitally intensive RF circuits like ADPLL, digital transmitters and receivers. - Develop signal processing intensive design for wireless communication SoCs, including: - Write specifications and Microarchitecture definition - IP integration, RTL logic design, and DV support - Run tools to ensure lint-free and CDC clean design - Synthesis, timing constraints, equivalence check and DFT insertion - Work with algorithm and software team to ensure performance and power efficiency - Bus fabric, especially APB/AHB/AXI - Chip-to-chip interface especially SPI, I2C, PCIe and USB - Power management with multiple power domains
Education & Experience
MS / BS Degree in Computer / Electrical Engineering and 10+ years of relevant industry experience.