Product Design Engineer - Mechanisms
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Jun 2, 2021
Role Number: 200253532
At Apple we develop cutting edge devices with complex hardware, sensors and software. You will play a key role in designing and developing the mechanical design of these systems and should be comfortable both in rapid prototyping efforts and bringing products to production. You will play a key role in specifying, developing, analyzing and validating mechatronic systems and electronics assemblies. You will work closely with many cross functional teams including Hardware Engineering, EMC, Packaging, Safety and Reliability.
- Experience in design, characterization, and validation of mechatronic systems, mechanisms and/or automation
- Strong analytical skills with regard to mechanical engineering theory
- Consumer Electronics industry experience not required
As part of the Intelligent Systems Group, you will be responsible for developing product layouts and technology concepts, particularly in the areas of mechanism design or machine design. This includes development of early prototypes and new technologies leading into scaleable mass production.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science or MS degree in mechanical engineering
- 4+ years of hands-on, detailed product design experience
- Proficiency in 3D CAD (any modeling package)
- Basic GD&T knowledge and experience releasing 2D drawings
- Travel will be 15-25% and you must be willing to move to the Bay Area. This job can only be done from inside Apple's corporate headquarters.