Audio Tools SW Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Jun 2, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200253469
We're a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining what's possible to help us all do what we love in new ways. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, as well as with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it! Our team is looking for an Audio Tools Software Engineer to help build tools for Apple first party and third party developers to create compelling audio experiences in their applications. You will work closely with the audio software, product design, experience prototyping, and other teams to guide the future of Apple's audio technology, experience and authoring workflows.
- Solid understanding of audio and/or acoustics;
- Writing apps for macOS / iOS in Swift or Objective-C
- Experience working with RealityKit / ARKit / SceneKit, or 3rd party 3D engines such as Unity3D, Unreal Engine, or other game engines
- You have excellent communication skills and experience with executive presentations
- Experience in interactive sound design for games or art installations;
- A background in spatial audio design (binaural headphone rendering, HOA, or VBAP);
- Running DAW software such as Logic, ProTools, REAPER, etc.
Apple's Technology Development Group is a special projects group within Apple charged with research and development of new product categories and core technologies. We are a diverse fast-paced audio team within the Technology Development Group that is charged with researching, designing, and developing next-generation audio technology. Responsibilities Include: - Design and prototype human machine interfaces for content creators to integrate audio into AR experiences and applications; - Collaborating with Apple design teams on new audio technology explorations; - Designing and building tools for authoring and mixing sound for interactive experiences; - Writing iOS / macOS applications & frameworks to support technology demonstrations.
Education & Experience
BS - Computer Science, Music Technology