Senior EPM, Product Engineering
Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jun 2, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200252201
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people's lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Our platforms are highly performant, deployed at scale, and set new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy! The Ad Platforms EPM team is looking for a motivated Engineering Project Manager to partner with our Product Engineering organization and help plan and deliver the frameworks, tools and capabilities that adhere to Apple's high privacy standards. The EPM, working with engineering teams, will also help lead and facilitate planning, scheduling, and execution, paying close attention to project dependencies, risks, and timelines. The EPM will collaborate closely with engineers and architects to define, refine, and/or refactor solutions, approaches, and designs, applying relevant prior experiences to address new and exciting challenges that face our organization in the future!
- 8+ years in project management, program management, product management, or engineering management focused on the delivery of data pipelines and/or product features and capabilities
- 5+ years architecting, building, testing, or delivering technical frameworks, audience targeting, audience segmentation, or audience engagement capabilities
- 3+ years practicing Scrum software development in roles such as Scrum Master or Product Owner
- Knowledge of and experience applying privacy-oriented laws and rules such as the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- Hands-on technical experience in a consumer-oriented field
- Proven experience presenting, managing, and mitigating project and execution risk
- Strong communication, oral and written, to all levels of an organization.
- Familiarity with the advertising industry, ad technology, on-device architecture, and machine learning preferred
- Consulting experience is a plus but not required
Ensure on-time delivery of tools, frameworks, processes, and other software projects that establish or meet Apple's quality, privacy, and security standards. Build a solid understanding of the product strategy and technology guiding our work. Apply your knowledge to help facilitate discussion and decisions regarding priorities, scope, risks, and tradeoffs. Own and drive project estimation, creation of work breakdowns, and resource planning activities. Influence, track, and lead cross-functional requirements, adherence to internal reviews and procedures, timelines, and dependencies with peers and stakeholders. Negotiate outcomes for your teams that resolve timing, scope, and resource conflicts and position us to deliver quality work that achieves business goals. Prepare and present insightful updates on key strategic initiatives to the organization and to leadership. Mentor and facilitate effective use of Scrum methodology with your teams, tailoring your approach to Apple's ecosystem, toolsets, and methods.
Education & Experience
Bachelors, Masters, or equivalent professional experience in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Science, Cybersecurity, Data Privacy.