This position is responsible for the day-to-day coordination and managing of activities around the
District’s reservoir including operations and maintenance and administrative responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include: Operations and Maintenance -
- Coordinate and manage daily reservoir park and Wildlife Management Area (WMA) activities.
- Ensures daily reservoir park maintenance and upkeep is performed.
- Develop & make recommendation for park improvements.
- Monitor use and upkeep of District Facilities at the Reservoir.
- Assist in monitoring of reservoir water quality as needed.
- Maintain weekly progress reports on all activities and projects.
- Ensure Reservoir buoys are properly set and maintained.
- Monitor oil production/pipelines near lakes for water quality issues.
- Coordinate reservoir project activities affecting other departments.
- Assist other departments as needed.
- Monitor monthly expenditures to stay within budgetary guidelines.
- Screen, interview and recommend new employees for employment.
- Ensure boat ramps and docks are safe, clean and ready for public use.
- Ensure restrooms, picnic table and camp sites are safe, clean and ready for public use.
- Ensure trash is picked up, controlled and properly disposed of.
- Ensure new employees are trained, monitor their progress.
- Monitor and check time sheets of reservoir staff.
- Ensure all reservoir employees adhere to the District’s Safety Program.
- Ensure work is performed in a safe and organized manner and that the District’s facilities are maintained in an operational and orderly manner.
- Follows appropriate policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Maintain accurate records. ? Performs other duties as needed.
- Collect public use permits sales receipts and fees from concession operators.
- Collect public use permits sales receipts from area store vendors.
- Maintain CRMWD public permit boxes.
- Manage public pavilion rentals.
- Coordinate lake and park patrol activities as required.
- Coordinate and communicate with area law enforcement personnel and state Game Wardens.
- Monitor vehicle permits compliance in District owned parks as required.
- Audit and inspect shoreline for permitted boat docks and ramps.
- Audit home site pad construction elevation for compliance with reservoir flood easement restrictions.
- Audit septic system installation for TCEQ compliance and reservoir flood easement restrictions.
- Serve as District liaison to property owners and property lessors of the marginal shoreline around the reservoir.
- Monitor unauthorized (unpermitted) shoreline alteration and /or usage around the reservoir and on WMA lands.
- Monitor oil production/pipelines near lakes to ensure no water quality issues are created
- Serves as District liaison with reservoir concessionaires.
- Responds to public questions or complaints regarding District operations or policies
Overall understanding of the District’s operations and the CRMWD Mission Statement. Knowledgeable of the TCEQ onsite septic system rules, lake concession contracts, parks and recreation facilities, their design, functions and layout. CRMWD Rules and Regulations for Lakes, Reservoirs, Facilities and Wildlife Management Areas.
Coordination and Communication:
Activities of the District require continual communication and coordination. Communication and coordination may include Board members, managers, employees, customers, landowners, elected officials, local, state and federal agencies, consultants, vendors and the general public. If unusual or emergency situations arise, the appropriate person(s) should be notified as soon as possible.
Education, Training and Experience:
High School Diploma or acceptable GED equivalency required. Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Parks and Recreation or related field preferred. Minimum of ten years of reservoir parks administration and management experience desired.
Certification or License:
Valid Texas Driver’s License - Class “C” required. CPR and First Aid certification required.
Personal computer and general office equipment, automobile, water craft, backhoe, dozer, motor grader, dump truck, tractor with implements, ditch-witch, lawn care equipment, shop tools, chain-saw, weed-eater, welders, cutting torch and surveying level.
Physical / Mental Demands:
Requires sight, hearing, speech, hands, and feet for the direction and supervision of all reservoir park related activities. Must be able to read, write, and reason at a level such that record keeping and assignments may be coordinated and completed, and work may be delegated to subordinate personnel and management decisions can be made. Requires physical ability to be “on-call” for response in emergency and/or critical periods. May require outside work in all types of weather including heat, cold, and inclement, stormy conditions. May require occasional physical exertion in emergency or extremely busy situations. Requires some travel with overnight stays.
Site Specific Responsibilities:
Lake J.B. Thomas – Inspect, monitor and help manage lake lot leases on District owned property. Monitor oil production activities on mounds and pipelines within the lake basin to ensure no water quality issues are occurring.
E.V. Spence Reservoir – Serve as District liaison with concessionaire at Wildcat Park; Manage and maintain Friendship WMA including serving as District contact for activities at this location. Monitor oil production activities and pipelines near the lake to ensure no water quality issues are occurring.
O.H. Ivie Reservoir – Serve as District liaison with concessionaires at Concho Park and Kennedy Park; Manage and maintain Riverside WMA including collecting public hunt applications, review applications to determine completeness, conduct public hunt draws from applications received, process public hunt permits and mail to recipients, manage public access to WMAs, organize and conduct youth hunts. Manage and maintain Talpa WMA including serving as contact for public hunts. Ensure compliance with hunting rules on District WMAs. Manage and maintain Giesecke WMA. Ensure proposed shore alterations are in compliance with 404D permit.