Job Description Summary
This employee is responsible for assisting the electrician in the maintenance of the city's generators, street lighting and other miscellaneous electrical projects. This employee will also assist with building maintenance. Job duties could vary on a daily basis. This employee reports directly to the Deputy Director Public Works.
- 100% - 1. Under the direction of the electrician, install conduit, light poles and hand holes. Ability to install power wires through conduit
- Repair and replace electrical lamps.
- Dig holes and trenches as required either by hand or with heavy equipment.
- Ability to change out light switches and electric door locks.
- Ability to clean drain lines, condensers and air filters.
- Abillity to clean ice machines.
- Ability to wash buildings and windows with an aerial lift.
- Ability to perform minor plumbing repairs on toilets, sinks and drinking fountains.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to possess a valid Florida Class B Commercial Driver's License, free of financial responsibility requirements or restrictions within one year.
- Experience in pump repairs or related equipment.
- Experience in building and electrical trades including carpentry and masonry.
- Experience in reading plans, and as-built drawings .
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities - This employee must have a basic knowledge and understanding of electricity and the tools and equipment used in this field. This employee must be available for "on call" basis as required by job assignment. Must have the physical strength and freedom of movement from disabling defects to permit the lifting and carrying of 100# loads periodically during a normal workday. Must be able to climb ladders, scaffolding, steps, stairs, ramps and any other means provided to perform the duties listed under examples of duties performed. Must be able to read, interpret and install or maintain equipment from drawings, specifications and maintenance manuals.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully meet the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sufficient physical strength and agility to perform heavy manual labor, for extended periods of time, often under adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to move up to 100 lbs. over a distance of 100 feet.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle under all weather conditions any time of the day or night.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high.
Click to apply today!