Seasonal Grounds Maintenance Positions
The Asbury Park Housing Authority is currently accepting applications for Seasonal Grounds Maintenance employees starting in April and running through October. These positions are classified as part-time, not to exceed 30 hours per week.
Summary of Job
Seasonal Grounds Maintenance employees assist regular full-time Authority employees with grounds maintenance work which includes mowing of Authority property, weeding, line trimming, litter/debris pick-up, tree/bush trimming, watering plants/trees, along with the operation of applicable equipment including hand tools, tractors, blowers, hedge trimmer, string trimmer and both ride-on and walk behind mowers.
Qualifications (Minimum Requirements
• Must be 18 years of age upon employment.
• Possession of a valid driver's license with satisfactory driving record preferred.
• Experience in grounds and landscape maintenance and equipment care preferred.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly throughout the day.
• Must be enthusiastic, highly organized, motivated, dependable, patient and able to maintain discipline.
• Must be capable of following directions and have an ability to learn new skills.
• Must possess good verbal communication skills and work well with others.
Work Sites: All APHA properties (Asbury Park Village, Boston Way, Comstock Court, Lincoln Village, Lumley Homes, Robinson Towers and Washington Village)
This position is not benefits eligible.