Thursday, June 3, 2021
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media
assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S.,
and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with
more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing
services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which
are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events
business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures creates impactful consumer engagements and experiences through world-class events, promotions, races and technology. We strive to exceed expectations, create unforgettable memories and drive value for our partners while leveraging our reputable institutions, including USA TODAY and more than 250 local media brands.
Our portfolio includes the largest high school sports recognition program in the country, USA TODAY High School Sports Awards, and other celebrated brands including the Official Communitys Choice Awards, American Influencer Awards, Rugged Maniac, Hot Chocolate 15k/5k, Blockbuster Bucket List sweepstakes, Amazing Teachers contest and more. Our events are managed with our proprietary ticketing and registration platform, EnMotive.
The events and promotions that we build inspire pride in local communities and connect local and national businesses with highly engaged audiences. We are an industry leader and drive results from coast to coast.
Event Operations Director, New England Division
This role is uniquely positioned to develop the New England Division of Ventures Endurance. The Event Operations Director will oversee the division in its entirety but will also be tasked with some racedirector responsibilities for a small portion of the events in the division. The Event Operations Director must be based in the New England area.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Division Lead Responsibilities
- Establishing the vision for the Northeast event portfolio in conjunction with the Operations team, including sponsorship strategy, reimagining the participant experience, etc., to ensure events are operating efficiently while maintaining a high brand standard.
- Identifying opportunities for process development and economies of scale within existing Northeast division events. Executing on and implementing these improvements within the Northeast division while acting as division liaison across departments.
- Creating brand synergy within the existing events and event production teams that comprise the Northeast event division.
- Successfully managing and collaborating with Northeast division event production teams, organizing and overseeing regular meetings and project work. Liaising between division department heads to communicate relevant information and move goals forward.
- Managing race related event logistics, negotiations and budgets for the entire Northeast portfolio of events.
- Reviewing event documents, course maps, staffing, layouts etc. to ensure consistency, efficiency and accuracy that are in line with Venture Endurances brand standard.
- Working with various department heads to meet deadlines, revenue projections, and event and company goals, driving continuing efficiency and communication between departments.
Race Director Responsibilities
- Working to secure and document all necessary permits, event timelines, public safety plans, event design, and parking plans required in the planning and execution of Northeast division events.
- Overseeing event course and site layout development.
- Preparing and/or providing appropriate information, documents and maps of areas of responsibility for permit submission to all government entities, private parties, and contractors.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with third parties, public agencies and municipalities, state and Federal governments to coordinate the production of events.
- Developing processes that contribute to the financial goals of the organization and overseeing established event budgets.
- Conducting vendor and contractor outreach, quote analysis and negotiation in coordination with the Operations team, and ensuring timely and accurate payment/tracking of vendors.
- Communicating with the Operations team to identify outstanding action items needed to produce the event and coordinating the successful execution of those items.
- Collaborating with Volunteer, Customer Service and Marketing departments to ensure all event participants are provided with accurate messaging pre, during and post event.
- Managing all onsite event and Northeast warehouse inventories, including collateral, registration and volunteer supplies, tents, and branding.
- Managing race service providers, pre, during and post event.
- Travel obligations ~50% throughout the year.
- 3+ year of race management experience
- Proven attention to detail with ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Ability to hold oneself accountable and an aptitude for prioritizing multiple projects
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical mindset and approach to managing projects and problem solving
- Ability to forge interdepartmental relationships and build a strong team atmosphere
- Proven leadership and management abilities
Gannett Co., Inc.is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.