Apr 16, 2021
Location: Chilton, WI, US, 53014
Company: Worthington Industries, Inc
At Worthington Industries, our focus is on making better solutions for our customers, better lives for our employees, better returns for our shareholders and better stewards for our communities. All while following a Philosophy that puts people first. Join our team and help make better possible!
Start and advance your career with the makers of Bernzomatic hand torches, Worthington Industries.
- $1,800 SIGN-ON BONUS!
- Competitive Pay Plus Shift Premiums
- Generous Benefits Package including Medical, Dental, Disability and 401k
- Incentive Program
- Overtime opportunities!!
What's the position?
Worthington Industries is looking for highly motivated individuals to join our Production teams on 1st shift. These individuals will be responsible for safely manufacturing quality parts on a fast paced production line. Duties include a variety of tasks, including, but not limited to: testing, problem solving, material handling, and quality control. The ultimate goal of this position is to safely achieve excellence in all facets of the role; providing the highest quality service safely, while effectively and efficiently increasing profits.
Starting pay at $17.50/hr. 2nd shift pays a $1.00 shift premium and our 3rd shift pays $.75 shift premium on top of that $17.50!
Apply to learn more!
- This role requires the ability to work 8-10 hours daily and on weekends
- Perform all duties in a safe manner
- Ability to work in a team environment focusing on meeting Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost standards
- Know, understand, and follow plant safety rules, policies and procedures
- Follow all set-up and operational procedures to ensure accuracy and quality
- Run entry-level equipment and ensure all processes are completed per standard operating procedures
- Perform duties on the production line including product transfer, parts assembly and quality inspections
- Ensure inventory accuracy and tracking procedures are followed
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Assist others as needed
- Maintain a clean work area
- Complete paperwork as required
- Other duties as assigned by lead or supervisor
- Perform all duties in the spirit of Our Philosophy and in accordance to legal, ethical and contractual practices
Critical Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Possess good problem solving and troubleshooting skills and safety practices
- Possess a high level of initiative and personal accountability
- Ability to perform in a fast paced work environment
- Attention to detail and consistent work patterns
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to measure, read, write and document work
- Ability to sustain a steady work pace over an entire work day
- Strong basic math & reading skills
- Comfortable performing a wide range of responsibilities, from thinking broadly to executing detailed tasks
- Proven ability to effectively work in a detailed, fact based environment
- Commitment to personal integrity and integrity of the product(s) and processes
- Customer focused with the ability to function with a high sense of urgency
- Confidence to make decisions and a strong commitment to team success
Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, we put people first, whether they’re our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers. We’re looking for individuals who share our people-first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership and unique talents.
Worthington Industries (NYSE: WOR) is a global metals manufacturer serving growing end markets including automotive, construction, energy, agriculture, alternative fuel and many other markets. Our family of 10,000 employees in over 80 facilities throughout 10 countries has helped us earn the respect of our customers, our communities and our industry. With sales of approximately $ 3 billion annually, our company has been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as a “Most Admired Company” and four times as a “100 Best Companies to Work For.”
Worthington Industries Inc., and its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran’s status.