Thursday, June 3, 2021
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media
assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S.,
and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with
more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing
services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which
are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events
business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Maintenance Technician (part-time)
Gannett Publishing Services
Knoxville News Sentinel
Gannett Publishing Services, located at the Knoxville News Sentinel, has an immediate opportunity for a Maintenance Technician. This position is responsible for support of the production operation and will complete a variety of manual tasks including troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair within our production department.
- High school education or general education degree (GED) required.
- Must obtain forklift certification.
- Valid driver's license and insurance.
- Excellent problem solving and basic math skills.
- Must learn to operate and have solid understanding of all material handling equipment including forklifts, clamp trucks, scissor lift, walk behind lifts, pallet jacks, etc.
- Excellent people skills, Must be able to work well and constantly communicate (both written and verbally).
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be available to work flexible schedule including days, night, weekends, and holidays.
- Prompt ness and reliability to work.
- Must have solid organizational and computer skills including good working knowledge of general software programs.Frequent lifting or moving of 25 to 50 pounds.
Gannett Co., Inc.is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.