- Responsible for monitoring and managing the process flow from the Thinning/Shading tanks through the filtration equipment to the holding tanks and then to the Filling Lines
- Follows all safety guidelines and rules, environmental and regulatory guidelines; uses all required safety equipment. Responsible for area housekeeping and maintaining the cleanliness of the equipment.
- Perform Quality control checks, prescribed by central labs, to verify that key characteristics of batches have not shifted from approved levels. Work closely with Plant Quality Lead and/or Manager.
- Knowledgeable of Corporate Quality System initiative and capable of recording and responding to SPC data generated as a result of quality checks performed during tasks.
- Makes appropriate additions to production batch, as prescribed by quality assurance lab; using approved materials and records info on batch tickets to assure inventory accuracy.
- Demonstrate consistent and efficient use of appropriate filtering and cleaning equipment. Must be capable of interfacing with GUI screen and other controllers.
- Physically capable of opening/closing filter pots to remove and install filters/screens in order to maintain clean filters for transferring products and materials during production processing.
- Move wash tote from warehouse to manufacturing floor, move pallets of filter bags to and from Paint Filtrator platform utilizing a fork truck (30% of job).
- Communicates with other departments during production process, i.e. mixing, milling and filling.
- Willingness to work and cross train in other departments frequently; Plant management expects that the Filtrator will expand working knowledge of process/batch system and become familiar with Shader position to permit work force development.
Required Skills (essential job functions):
Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. For more than 130 years we have been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we've modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees--including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.