Job Title: WAE, Coordinator SYEP Summer Learn and Earn
Office: Office of Teaching and Learning
Date Posted: 6/4/2021
Salary Range: 1-5 / $30.83 - $34.79
NTE Date: 8/6/2021
The Office of Social Emotional Academic Development works with the Chancellor to ensure coherence in the educational experience for our students, families, and schools. Our goal is to initiate change and lead DC Public Schools into the highest performing school district in the nation. We are currently in the process of creating our next strategic plan. After engaging with over 3,000 internal and external stakeholders to help shape the future of DCPS, our draft strategic priorities include:
- Promote Equity: Define, understand, and promote equity to close achievement gaps and interrupt institutional bias.
- Empower Our People: Recruit, develop, and retain a talented, caring, and diverse team.
- Educate the Whole Child: Provide rigorous, joyful and inclusive academic and social emotional experiences for all students.
- Ensure Excellent Schools: Increase the number of high quality schools across the district by defining blended autonomies for schools and creating opportunities for innovation.
- Engage Families: Deepen partnerships with families and community.
The mission of the Office of Teaching and Learning (OTL) is to deliver high-quality instructional resources, enhance classroom practice and scale effective programs to increase DCPS student achievement and prepare all students for success in college, career, and (see application details) spans four core competency areas:
- Professional learning;
- Enrichments and interventions; and
- Formative assessment.
Team members support school-based staff in implementing DCPS's existing academic programs while simultaneously working to rethink and redesign school programming, academic and curricular resources and educator professional development.
The Coordinator (WAE), SYEP Summer Learn and Earn will use administrative and programmatic skills to ensure that DCPS is in compliance with requirements of the Department of Employment Services Summer Youth Employment Program through our Summer Learn and Earn initiative.
The WAE, Coordinator SYEP Summer Learn and Earn will report to the Manager, Secondary Academic Recovery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
Tracks and enters students' time and labor.
Works with third party vendor to ensure that students have access to the CareerEdge platform.
Stays abreast of student engagement in required learning modules.
Runs and provides weekly student engagement reports to Manager, Secondary Extended Learning and Academic Recovery.
Follows up with students weekly who are not on pace to complete assigned CareerEdge modules.
Works collaboratively with peers around best practices in support of students.
Ensures that the Manager, Secondary Extended Learning & Academic Recovery is aware of any major challenges.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field and two to four years of work experience, with specific experience in an administrative role for a large team, organization, or agency a plus.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Previous exposure to or experience in the education sector a plus.
- Previous experience supporting students and families.
- Strong ability to multi-task.
- Strong computer and accurate data entry skills.
- STUDENTS FIRST: We recognize students as whole children and put their needs first in everything we do.
- COURAGE: We have the audacity to learn from our successes and failures, to try new things, and to lead the nation as a proof point of PK-12 success.
- EQUITY: We work proactively to eliminate opportunity gaps by interrupting institutional bias and investing in effective strategies to ensure every student succeeds.
- EXCELLENCE: We work with integrity and hold ourselves accountable for exemplary outcomes, service, and interactions.
- TEAMWORK: We recognize that our greatest asset is our collective vision and ability to work collaboratively and authentically.
- JOY: We enjoy our collective work and will enthusiastically celebrate our success and each other.