Location: Raleigh - North Carolina
Location: Boston - Massachusetts
Location: Manchester - New Hampshire
*** This role can be based anywhere in the Eastern US***
The Industry Technical Consultant is responsible for supporting Rockwell Automation's (RA) strategy in the Life Sciences industry. The Technical Consultant will be a focal point for technical industry insights, trends, and uses of Rockwell Automation's full technology stack. The Technical Consultant will apply his/her domain expertise of life sciences processes, production experience, and project engineering methodologies to solve customer problems and create a competitive advantage for our customers. The Technical Consultant will support RA Pivot to Industry, Process Acceleration and Software Solutions through customer consulting engagements. This position is within the Global Sales and Marketing (GSM) organization and will have responsibility for supporting the growth targets for the Life Sciences industry.
- Working alongside sales, meet with customers to understand their desired business outcomes translating those business outcomes into product recommendations, applications, and system/architectural recommendations.
- Examples may include technical suitability reviews, cost/performance evaluation, Front-End Loading (FEL) studies, migration considerations, proof of concepts, competitive analysis, short-term program management, and customer application/demo assistance.
- Work proactively with GSM resources focused on Life Sciences to support planning and prioritization of activities and strategies which will generate the greatest value for our customers and RA.
- Be the technical lead and domain expert for Connected Enterprise workshops and target customers. Develop Connected Enterprise best practice guidelines and success stories for Industry Applications in Life Sciences.
- Examples may include mapping out product uses across several layers of RA's technology stack to meet customer's desired business outcomes.
- Understanding how industry 4.0 and digitization solutions can be leveraged in Life Sciences.
- Develop portfolio alignment strategies of Rockwell Automation products for target application solutions within Life Sciences. Assist in requirements definitions based on voice of the customer (VOC) where solutions development is required.
- Support the Industry leaders on Business Strategy Review (BSR) development to drive product and portfolio roadmap planning with the Business Units.
- Provide input into product requirements and roadmaps, and project delivery best practices to meet the needs of Life Sciences customers thus positioning RA to increase market share.
- Spearhead the exchange of best practices and industry knowledge within GSM and delivery team by sharing industry domain expertise, VOC, and how RA technology should be positioned.
- Develop or contribute marketing collateral, customer presentations, demo requirements, event tradeshows, industry publications and white papers, application notes, etc.
- Responsible for regional project coordination.
- Examples may include communications of technical implementation issues, project notification and tracking, service delivery coordination and customer support plan development.
- Responsible for development of engineering standards, methods and guidelines related to the application of Rockwell Automation's technologies.
- Build relationships with employees and management in other areas, divisions, and groups within the company, including Sales, Marketing, Market Access, Product BU, Commercial Engineering, Industry & OEM teams, CSM. Communicate, collaborate, and help with conflict resolution to promote acting as one team and achieve greater business outcomes.
- Ability to travel domestic and globally.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline or related technical field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of five years related experience with recognized technical expertise in applying automation and/or information solutions for the Life Sciences industry, strong application knowledge and demonstrated program management skills.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Minimum of eight-years' experience and technical expertise in applying automation and/or information solutions for the Life Sciences industry.
- Must also have proven commercial awareness and acumen.
- Have experience with technical sales support or technical consulting experience.
- Some familiarity with customer-centric selling, outcome-based selling, or equivalent sales process for solution selling.
- Have experience in the following: Biotech, API, BMS, QBMS, EMS, FDA, IQ, OQ, PQ, Validation, EBR, MES, DCS, Batch Control, SCADA, PLC, MCC, Ethernet Networking, Cyber Security, Asset Management, Historian, MPC, Reporting, SQL.
- Have a practical understanding of relevant standards including GAMP 5, ISA-88, ISA-101, ISA-18.2, FDA 21 CFR P11/A11.
- Have industry domain knowledge and expertise around smart machine concepts (Industry 4.0, IIoT) in the Life Sciences Industry and understanding of the Rockwell Automation Connected Enterprise strategy.
- Knowledge and experience in developing, supporting and implementing Industrial IoT digital transformation strategies, MES and software solutions is desired.
- Have process domain expertise in Life Science applications such as primary process, single use process and PAT applications is desirable.
- Be able to articulate to executive and technical audiences the value of Rockwell Automation process solutions, information systems and the associated industry standards and methodologies utilized in process control systems.
- Have experience with project management, project lifecycle execution, and commissioning of control system projects.
- Have an understanding of managing and executing large scale corporate rollout control system applications in accordance with standards developed for that customer.
This is a summary of the position's responsibilities and does not reflect the entire scope of work expectations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).