Mercy Medical Center is a premier employer in the Corridor, committed to delivering high quality Information Services solutions to Care Givers as they provide patient centered health care in our community.
If you are an energetic and experienced Senior Network Engineer looking for an opportunity in a fast-paced environment Mercy Medical Center Information Services offers an opportunity to work with best of breed solutions from Cisco, Palo Alto and many others.
Mercy values Information Systems and proves that by committing funding to keep up to date with industry trends. We foster a culture of collaboration free of rigid role assignment, you will be encouraged to contribute to initiatives across a large array of technologies. At Mercy we ensure opportunities for your continued education and we work with the area’s finest consulting partners to ensure project success.
If you’re looking to advance your career while having a positive impact on our community apply today!
- Architect, implement, support and document enterprise VOIP solutions leveraging core Cisco platforms including Call Manager, Unity Connection and Contact Center Express.
- Architect, implement, support and document enterprise route/switch infrastructure comprised of varied Cisco platforms; working experience with EIGRP and BGP routing is valued.
- Architect, implement, support and document enterprise wireless infrastructure comprised of Cisco Wireless LAN controllers, Access Points and Mobility Services along with considerable dependent applications such as Vocera telephony and AeroScout Asset Management.
- Alongside engineering teams from internal IT Security, contribute to the support and documentation of critical security systems to include enterprise Palo Alto firewalls and intrusion prevention and infrastructure enforcing secure network access such as Cisco ISE.
- Mentor entry level Network Administration staff, assist in troubleshooting efforts and aid in their technical and project management skill development.
- Professionally represent the Technical Services Network team as a technical consultant on projects. Maintain as necessary project plans and documentation of all system builds and modifications.
- Serve as Project Lead for appropriate IT maintenance and support projects as required
- Interact and coordinate with vendors, suppliers, distributors, and contract consultants. This would include support contracts, quotes, and system redesign
- Assist the Supervisor of Technical Services to evolve and maintain working standards for network infrastructure deployment and ongoing management. This includes long term strategic planning of Mercy’s evolving enterprise network infrastructure
- Requires some after-hours support to include weekend work: 7x24 on-call support for Network escalations and automated monitoring/alerting of key production systems, along with off-hours time to perform maintenance on production systems, devices, and equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet research skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
Operates normal office equipment, e.g. fax machine, multi-line telephone system and dictating equipment.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills that include grammar, spelling, punctuation and proofreading.
Excellent public relations, human relations and conflict resolution skills - exemplifies The Mercy Touch.
Excellent organizational and time management skills. Critical thinking and attention to detail. Exhibits good judgement.
Identifies quality improvement opportunities. Handles confidential information with discretion and diplomacy.
Demonstrates project coordination.
Commitment to life-long learning, e.g., willingness to learn/upgrade skills related to duties.
Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with hospital staff, physicians, Board members, community leaders and the general public.
Flexibility and dependability, works well with a wide variety of individuals and leadership styles.
Ability to work with minimal to no supervision.
Licensure, Certification, Registration