ImOn Communications is the LOCAL choice for cable TV, high-speed Internet and phone service. We value the relationships we have with colleagues, customers, and members of our community and look forward to serving Eastern Iowa for many years to come. As we expand our service availability we are looking for a Systems Administrator to be a part of the ImOn Difference! Our employees share a passion for building a culture of “Creating Connections One Person at a Time” and fostering a fun and rewarding work environment.
General Statement of Duties
The System Administrator supports the technology and technical maintenance needs of our employees to ensure the day-to-day operations of ImOn Communications. This is accomplished through diagnosis, identification and resolution of problems with hardware, third-party and proprietary software, LANs, and servers in a timely and professional manner via telephone, email communication, and hands-on support. This includes desktop, hardware and mobile device support, user administration, and software packaging and deployment. The System Administrator is responsible for end user administration, software upgrades and maintenance, and hardware repair.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Provide internal helpdesk support including solving and documenting issues.
- Install, configure, and support hardware, operating systems, printers and applications.
- Monitor corporate servers – File, Print, Email and Applications.
- Set up user accounts and enforce company policies related to system administration.
- Administer and support employee mobile devices for email and communication
- Audit system alerts to ensure proactive and timely resolution.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex hardware, software and connectivity incidents.
- Direct enterprise hardware and software maintenance.
- Contribute to the documentation of procedures and guidelines for internal team use.
- Act as a subject matter for one or more technologies or processes.
- Establish relationships with hardware & software vendors
- Purchase & maintain software and licenses
- Purchase & maintain end user hardware
- Ability to manage and configure ShoreTel call routing to Sales & Customer Care team
- : Barracuda (Backup), Call Copy, Cisco ASA Firewall/VPN, Desktop Computers, Domain Controller/AD, Exchange mail server, NetApp (Storage Device), Omnia, Printers, QlikView, SharePoint, ShoreTel, SQL Servers, VM Ware Servers/ Software, Windows Server OS.
- All Other Duties as Assigned.
Required Experience, Training, and Special Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Computer Science a plus.
- 2-years minimum system administration experience. Networking experience a plus.
- Experience with ShoreTel phone systems, SQL, Sharepoint, VMWare, SMTP/IMAP/POP3 on Linux, Barracuda Networks, VPN Clients and Enterprise Anti-Virus preferred.
- Must have knowledge of Windows 7, Server 2008/2012/2016, Exchange, Active Directory and Desktop/Laptop hardware support.
- Must be team oriented and possess exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills with ability to shift focus and re-prioritize are required.
- Must be willing to answer calls after hours in case of emergency.
In addition to competitive pay, ImOn also offers health & dental insurance, 401(k), discounted Cable, Internet & Phone services, and additional perks such as FREE vision insurance, FREE life insurance as well as FREE short term/long term disability, vacation & holiday pay, and community volunteer opportunities.