EMC Design Engineer (Power Electronics) - SPG
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Jun 3, 2021
Role Number: 200253983
In this role, you will work with the Special Projects Group hardware organization to design module/system EMC on new complex technology development platform. You will be focusing on power electronics hardware and will take a quantitative and innovative approach to designing filters to suppress noise on converters and energy storage applications. You will be working with world-class team in doing what Apple does best: Innovate! Does working on autonomous technology excite you? Innovation is in your hands! We are ready to help you help us grow.
- Hands on experience on power converters and familiarity with different converter topologies.
- Strong understanding of the stray parasitics in converters that affect EMC and how to optimize them.
- Track record for designing filters/chokes to mitigate noise.
- Skilled at EM tools such as full wave and static/quasi-static tools such as HFSS, CST, Q3D/Q2D.
- Skilled at data analysis tools such as MATLAB, Python.
- Good understanding of EMC/EMI test requirements/methodologies and specifications. (compliance/regulatory)
- Deep understanding on fundamentals of electromagnetics. Knowledge of EMC design best practices desired.
- Experience with spice simulators, general equivalent circuit models and predict emissions of switched mode power supplies.
- Extensive knowledge on time (oscilloscopes) and frequency domain (SA, VNA) measurement tools.
- Hands on experience in debugging EMI issues and identifying solutions.
- Strong communication and personal skills.
You will work with cross-functional team on challenging HV designs and solve EM problems and identify cost effective solutions that does not sacrifice performance and meet specifications. - Responsible for EMC design of modules and systems, not limited to HV systems. - Y-cap budget analysis, Module Filter design/trade off analysis. - System spice simulations and parasitic extractions. - Create data driven EMC guidelines. Work cross-functionally to implement and oversee module layout design/enclosure design. - Investigate system level switching and dithering strategies to reduce noise. - Module and System EMC/EMI measurements and validation.
Education & Experience
- PhD/MS degree in electrical engineering plus 3 years of relevant industry experience
- EEO STATEMENT:
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation