Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Jun 4, 2021
Role Number: 200254167
The Product Design Engineering group working on new and future product concepts is looking for a Prototyper who will be responsible for assisting in the design, fabrication, and assembly/disassembly of prototype parts and assemblies. We're a diverse collection of hardware focused thinkers and doers. We continually reimagine what's possible to help us all do what we love in new ways. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our daily practices - We strive to leave the world better than we found it.
- Basic knowledge of tools and equipment (3D printers, laser cutter, drill, lathe, mill, etc.)
- Ability to understand and to develop hand sketches, CAD models, and technical drawings
- Strong troubleshooting and problem mitigation skills
- Familiarity with proper shop safety and housekeeping practices.
- Strong organizational skills
- Competent in using digital productivity tools like spreadsheets, and slide presentations
- Ability to work with diverse teams of professionals
- You are self-motivated and able to complete projects in a timely manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to effectively contribute to a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
- 3+ years of relevant prototyping experience (electro-mechanical preferred)
- Familiarity with inspection and analysis equipment (microscopes, load cells, etc.)
- Delicate and steady hands for small, high precision mechanical assembly
- PCB soldering and assembly skills
Do you thrive on solving challenging problems? Are you ready to explore a new opportunity with a talented team? We are the hands-on technical team that carries the design of Apple products through the entire process, from early prototyping to mass production. By joining our team, you'll work side by side with your teammates inside Apple and at our partner facilities to define parts of the system in CAD, create drawings, and collaborate with vendors to produce these parts. You will assemble early prototypes, travel to China to support engineering builds, and solve problems on the assembly line. You have experience working in an organized and highly functional shop/lab space, hands-on experience working with shop tools and prototype fabrication techniques, and experience working on electro-mechanical devices. Core Responsibilities:
You will execute detailed design and fabrication procedures, accurately record and communicate progress and challenges that arise
Assemble mechanical and electrical test fixtures and setups to facilitate product testing
Maintain prototypes & perform failure analysis on electro-mechanical systems
You'll work closely with engineers to support project development work
Perform a mix of independent and collaborative work
Education & Experience
Background in Mechanical Engineering (AS/BS preferred)