Global Business Intelligence Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jun 3, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200251903
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Would you like to work in an energizing environment where your abilities will be challenged on a day-to-day basis? If planning is your thing and working in an environment full of data analytics technology sounds like a dream, then Apple's Global Business Intelligence Engineering Program Manager is the role for you! We lead Apple's enterprise data warehouse with petabytes of data, process billions of rows of data in batch and real-time to provide solutions to our users helping them gain insight and to make informed business decisions. The Global Business Intelligence team provides data services, analytics, reporting and data science solutions to Apple's business groups including Retail, iTunes, Marketing, AppleCare, Operations, Finance and Sales. We utilize diverse technology stacks such as Teradata, HANA, Snowflake, and various cloud technologies. Designing, developing and delivery solutions with these big data technologies is a core part of our daily job.
- Obsessed over details and organization, the EPM is process oriented and has a natural knack for planning
- Outstanding presentation, listening, verbal, and written communication, connecting and interacting with various audiences and levels with ease
- Ability to communicate the appropriate level of details depending on your audience. Distill and present meaningful summary information for executive leadership, while providing more granular level detail to working team
- Respond quickly to changes in business scenarios, projects and resources, adapting positively and promptly!
- Demonstrate resilience and resourcefulness, in the midst of ambiguity and uncertainty, to drive business impacting change
- Experience in various project methodologies and processes, including Waterfall, Change Management and Agile/Scrum
- Have a basic understanding of technologies in Business Intelligence/Data Engineering/Cloud areas or an interest to learn in order to support relevant projects and programs
We lead multiple varying size cross-functional programs and projects. Lead the business plan of any given project and influence the understanding and directing the entirety of the project. Provide oversight and daily management: define, schedule, prioritize, track, proactively manage and communicate status of projects with core project teams, employing appropriate project methodology techniques (Agile, Waterfall, or Hybrid). Identify and articulate project inter-dependencies, actively seek out and resolve cross functional and business issues, conflicts and roadblocks. We maintain a level of constant and effective communication across the organization with project teams, partners and executive management. Identify and present risk assessment to program partners and management. We collaborate with internal Engineering, Product Managers and EPMs as well as external business partners. Facilitate and/or participate in requirements brainstorming and design review sessions with internal and external partners. Understand functionalities and features implemented to effectively communicate to partners. Ensure product/project roadmaps are established for alignment and progress tracking. We develop, maintain and communicate project governance to ensure the proper amount of structure and process is applied to enable project success. Ensure project team is aware and aligned to promote organizational efficiency and productivity.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience preferred