Assignment Location South Campus
Manages the cloud-based CRM system/database of prospective students and applicants. Sets up the processes to communicate to prospects and encourage them to apply, as well as setting up the events available to them for more information. Once prospects apply, ensure that the application data is ‘clean’ before it is transferred to the student information system. Manages users and security roles in the CRM system. Coordinate system upgrades, end user testing and identify integration issues between systems. Functions as the liaison to the IT Department
SCOPE: Manages new student enrollment relating to the CRM software; responsible for liaison with institutional units as well as external agencies regarding the CRM software. Functional assignment as a specialist in the CRM software and its integration with Ellucian Colleague in areas of responsibility listed below.
- Manages the cloud-based CRM database of prospective and applied students.
- Creates and manages the processes to communicate to prospects/applicants to encourage application and to assist through the admission process.
- Creates and manages admission event registration and communication.
- Ensures application data is ‘clean/accurate’ before it is transferred to the student information system.
- Manages users and security roles in the CRM system.
- Manges the ACT/SAT import process in the CRM system.
- Coordinate system upgrades, end user testing and identify integration issues between systems.
- Ensures staff have the dashboards and views needed to perform their duties.
- Trains new users in the CRM system and develops process directions for reference.
- Works with various departments including Registrar, Marketing and Institutional Research to keep the CRM system current, as well as to share out data/reports/lists as needed.
- Creatively identify and automate solutions that are time sensitive in support of the student admissions and outreach efforts as it relates to the CRM software.
- Perform system data and functional analysis, develop system documentation and create end-users’ procedures for the CRM software.
- Develop workflows in the CRM software to continue the automation of the admissions processes, campaigns, dashboards which involve the handling of inquiries and application at various stages of the incoming student lifecycle.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and execution of the department’s communication plan and marketing campaigns to prospective/admitted students in regard to the CRM software.
- Assist with Communications Management in Ellucian Colleague as directed.
- Develop and monitor statistical reports to enhance recruitment strategies, yield management, forecasting and operational efficiency through the CRM software in conjunction with the Manager/Director of Admissions & Outreach.
- Ensure integrity of the data within the CRM software.
- Functions as the liaison to the IT Department.
- Participates on committees as assigned.
- Attends workshops, conferences and meetings as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required. Associates Degree will be accepted when accompanied by two years of professional work experience related to higher education or database/CRM systems
Two to three years of experience in one or more of the following areas – preferably in a higher education setting: admissions, enrollment services, student services, student information systems, IT services or other demonstrated related experience to the position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Strong candidates will be able to demonstrate an inquisitive nature on how systems and processes work with a mindset for resolution of problems. Knowledge of learning/teaching new software/systems. Demonstrated curiosity on how systems and processes work in order to successfully troubleshoot issues. Demonstrated experience in understanding how technology connects to business processes and can be used to increase efficiency. Demonstrated ability to view situations from a high level in order to create processes that consider multiple perspectives/users. Proof of resourcefulness and self-motivation, showing the ability to self-teach and explore options that meet the needs of the team It is helpful to have a knowledge of the college application experience as well as to be comfortable establishing relationships with both internal and external customers. Technical experience, web development experience and data analysis is a plus.
Late night assignments and overtime may be required, including evenings and weekends; occasional long hours; some travel between campuses and to off-campus locations; and campus assignment may vary as assigned by department.
Work Hours May include evening hours as assigned
Position Level 4
Salary $56,177 - $72,148 (2020-21 salary range) Maximum salary upon new hire $56,177
Posting Code AS312P
Open Date 06/04/2021
Close Date 06/17/2021
As an equal opportunity employer and learning institution, Macomb Community College recruits, hires and promotes for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or handicap. All employment decisions are based on the qualifications of each individual. No person shall be denied equal treatment as a result of a College practice or policy. The College is committed to racial, cultural, and ethnic diversity.
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Michigan Relay Center 1.800.649.3777 (Voice and TDD).