Friday, June 4, 2021
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media
assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S.,
and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with
more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing
services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which
are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events
business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Lead Supervisor Packaging/Manufacturing
Gannett Publishing Services
New Castle, Delaware
We have an opening in the Gannett Corporation for a highly motivated individual at our Wilmington regional print facility.
This person would lead a packaging crew during a designated shift to achieve on-time production performance, product quality and accuracy standards and operational safety.
This position will offer $18 per hour based on work-related experience.
- Supervise and Coordinate packaging center and/or specific workstation resources.
- Responsible for verification of preprint insertion schedules, zoning and product staging.
- Communicate with press, distribution and other departments as needed.
- Machine operation including but not limited to inserters, inserter controls (Miracom) joggers, conveyors, grippers, stackers, folders, strappers, bottomwrap machines, loaders, printers, address labelers, adhesive advertising applicators, scales, stitch and trim binding equipment, pallet jacks and fork trucks and other post-press equipment as needed.
- Assist Supervisor/Operator with directing activities and employees during production.
- Troubleshooting and general repairs of all post-press equipment.
- Perform general packaging maintenance including equipment blowdown and packaging related materials disposal.
- Complete packaging reports and web portal data entry as assigned.
- Provide back-up for packaging department supervisor as needed.
- Always work in a safe manner and consistently utilize required safety equipment to promote top-of-mind safety awareness:
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Complete required annual OSHA safety training programs: Lockout/Tag-out, Hazardous Communications, Personal Protective Equipment, Hearing Conservation, Blood Borne Pathogens, Forklift.
- Ensure all machine safety-guards are installed, functioning properly, and in use.
- Immediately report potential safety hazards, operational concerns and all accidents/injuries and near misses to production mgmt
- Provide timely and accurate information to management.
- Immediately report equipment or product issues to production management.
- Communicate scheduling needs to supervisors and/or production management.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Skills & Traits: English language fluency: Speaking, reading & writing Proven leadership skills required.
- Proven above average verbal & written communication skills.
- Proven excellent time management skills working in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- Mechanical aptitude required.
- PC Skills including Microsoft Office: E-mail, Excel, Word Packaging Department equipment experience.
Gannett Co., Inc.is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.