Data Center Site Manager
Mesa , Arizona , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jun 4, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200253642
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you wish to be challenged to think creatively? The people here at Apple don't just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Data Center Operations Team is looking for a strong leader for a Data Center Site Manager in our Prineville, OR data center. In this role, you will have the opportunity to be responsible for the operations and management of the Apple Data Center site to provide stable and cost effective hosting services for Apple's internal and external "High-demand" services. This is a fast-moving, dynamic environment where flexibility and resourcefulness are key attributes needed for success. Excellent project and time-management skills, with an ability to prioritize and drive critical tasks and objectives in support of organizational goals is valued.
- Preferred previous senior leadership experience with up to director level responsibility for data center and other IT disciplines.
- Will have optimally led high density, Internet Data Centers of a size and complexity commensurate with Apple's Data Centers.
- Data Center and Systems Management experience with "standard methodologies" in the area of data center operations and infrastructure monitoring, Problem Management, and Configuration Management.
- Ability to plan, organize, and empower others to achieve objectives.
- Make timely and effective decisions that are based on good judgment and business rationale.
- Excellent project management and project planning skills.
- Strong organization skills and professional demeanor.
- Ability to work well under stress and handle difficult situations.
- Previous significant experience of leading technical senior individual contributors and managers.
- Validated abilities to prepare and lead annual expense budgets in excess of $30 + million with a validated understanding of and experience with IT procurement practices and contract negotiations.
- 10+ years of related experience with an irrefutable record of dynamically growing responsibilities.
As a Data Center Site Manager, you will be required to set and maintain an environment of high operational difficulty throughout all teams at the site, lead high priority problems, handle critical issues and maintain timely and accurate communication to executive management. You will also reassure and support effective collaboration, communication and partnership within the site's operations and with other DC sites. The Data Center Manager will work closely with other Apple DC site manager's on the advancement and effective deployment of standard procedures and practices across all sites as well as driving a culture of continual improvement throughout their site. RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Detailed management of site material receiving, shipping, inventory management and materials movement on site in support of both Facilities operations, Site Services operations, and Site Logistics operations. Collaboration with peer Data Center managers to develop, implement and maintain standard processes covering all areas of DC Site Operations. Collaboration with fellow Site manager to develop and pursue continual improvement initiatives to decrease total budget of the operations and drive up service quality. Collaboration with the ISDCO (Infrastructure Services Data Center Operations) Capacity Management team to ensure availability of and effective utilization of available DC space and power. Collaboration with Data Center Architecture and Design team to drive down total cost of DC operations and reduce delivery lead time. Collaboration with other IS&T leaders to develop, put into place and maintain readiness for those portions of IS&T's Disaster Recovery planning. Rapidly and efficiently put into effect those Disaster Recovery plans when called upon. Publication of weekly, monthly and quarterly site operational dashboards and reports. Development and implementation of site critical metrics. Site capital expenditure and operational expense planning, forecasting, management and control. Build and maintain professional and positive relationships with key vendors. Site headcount planning, forecasting, and recruitment. Mentoring and development of team members. Staff performance planning including the development and management of performance plans that align with ISDCO overall goals and objectives. Implement a balanced and safety first culture is followed to ensure a safe working environment. Responsible for Security and Compliance policies, including significant areas of SOX and PCI process compliance.
Education & Experience
Preferred BS or BA