Location: San Francisco - California
Location: Los Angeles - California
Location: Portland - Oregon
Responsible for successfully planning, controlling and managing project deliverables to ensure that customer needs are met from order receipt through final acceptance. Manage the efforts of team members and third party vendors. Manage the integration and/or development and delivery of deliverables directly to the customer.
The project manager will own the project responsibility for the definition and clear communication of project priorities, delivering project expectations, and identifying and mitigating issue/risk among a cross-functional project team. All while representing the best interest of the business unit.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Performs all aspects of project management functions.
- Manages execution of assigned projects within margin targets and customer schedules.
- Manages and reports all resource demand and financial aspects of assigned projects.
- Applies complex and advanced project management and scheduling techniques.
- May participate in development of business team strategic plan.
- Must be able and willing to travel and work at customer sites, including industrial plants, etc. (~ 20% of working time)
- Supports Quality Manager with respect to internal / external audits
- Acts as Rockwell Automation representative for assigned projects.
- Must have some Life Science Project Management background (Pharma, Biotech, etc)
- Complete responsibility for successful outcome of projects. Manages single projects up to $10M and/or a multiple project portfolio of up to 10 projects.
- Manage subcontracts that include labour and/or fixed price Third Party deliverables.
- Responsible for meeting project schedule, margin, and customer satisfaction targets.
- Contributes to partnerships at the business management level of key customers.
- Deliver projects to the quality standards and constraints dictated by the business and the customer's industry
- Prepares & Negotiates Change Orders with customer.
- Ensures that all project administration is completed and project files are maintained according to RA standards.
- Able to assist in the preparation and presentation of quotes, sales proposals, and contracts to the customer in compliance with company policies and standards, obtaining the appropriated approvals
- Responsible for following all applicable corporate, company, governmental and regulatory policies and procedures as appropriate for this position.
- Prepares and leads internal project reviews
- Leads efforts of project personnel on complex projects.
- Coaches and mentors less-experienced engineers assigned to projects.
- Acts as mentor for less-experienced project managers.
- Leads project teams typically employing up to 20 engineering professionals and coordinates activities with support teams and other capabilities.
- Leads internal project process improvement efforts.
- Responsible for resource scheduling to meet project plan requirements.
- Serves as the primary interface with customer for assigned projects.
- Supports an environment conducive to successful team interaction.
- Must have excellent negotiation skills.
- Acts professional in communication with other departments
- Act as a coach in interpersonal conflict situations
- Bachelor Degree required
- Rockwell Automation will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. No sponsorship is being offered with this role.
- Typically five or more years' experience in a systems, software, process automation or application engineering capacity and five years or more of proven documented project management experience
- Extensive experience with direct customer contact.
- Possesses application or technology knowledge in Life Sciences
- Conversant with IFS, MS Project and all MS software products Excel, Access, Word, etc
- Familiar with PMI and iPM standards
- Industry application knowledge is a pre-requisite - Life Science (others a plus)
- Collaborates & Teams Effectively
- Communicates Effectively
- Adds Value for Customers & Partners
- Attains Results
- Demonstrates Business & Financial Acumen
- Creates Focus & Motivates Others
- Experienced with other cultures and is emphatic to their way of thinking and working
- Contributes Professional & Technical Expertise
This position is part of a job family. Experience will be the determining factor.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).