Sanipac, a Waste Connections Company, is looking to hire a Welder to join our team in Eugene, Oregon. Schedule will be Monday-Friday 5:00am to 1:30Pm with Occasional Saturdays and Holidays. Shifts are typically 9-10 hours long. This is a union position with great pay, benefits and a tool allowance! Starting rate of Pay will be DOE.
Why Join Us?
CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
- Main duties will be welding and fabrication on Drop Boxes, Compactors, Containers and Truck Fleet.
- Ability to effectively communicate and understand needed repairs and/or tasks.
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Welding, painting and grinding responsibilities.
- Welding/Cutting abilities to include MIG, TIG, Stick, Aluminum, Plastic, Brazing, Carbon Arc, Plasma Cutting, OXY Acetylene, MAP Gas and Propane.
- Utilize needle scaler, grinder, drill, drill press, sanders, band saw, hand tools, hammers, sledge hammer, tape measure, shear, metal brake, angle finder, level and shop press.
- Driving a forklift.
- Available to help Mechanics in maintenance shop as required.
- General cleaning responsibilities.
- Equipment safety checks: air compressors, welders, ladders, extension cords, miscellaneous hand tools.
- Maintain and track inventory of parts and supplies.
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA etc.)
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
- 3-4 years of experience as a Heavy Duty Welding
- Ability to Stand for 8+ Hour Shifts.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds continuously throughout and 8-10 hour shift.
What we offer to you:
- Paid Time Off
- Union Pension Plan
- Union Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Uniforms/ PPE Safety Gear
- Yearly Boot Allowance
- Monthly Tool Allowance
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop or outdoors. Usually well-light and ventilated. Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)