Legal Assistant/Secretary Small Law Office Downtown Fort Worth. Civil Litigation/Trials/Appeals State and Federal. Experience Required.
- Assisting lawyers in preparing for transactional closings, depositions, hearings, trials and conferences; completing many administrative tasks, including, working on individual cases or transactions
- Investigating the factual evidence of a transaction or case and preparing exhibits, charts and diagrams to display information
- Drafting legal court documents, such as pleadings, motions, affidavits and subpoenas; transactional documents, such as trusts, wills, contracts and real estate leases; and closing documents
- Conducting routine discovery
- Obtaining due diligence materials, such as corporate certificates of good standing, real estate and title information, and securities filings
- Organizing and tracking files for important transactions or case documents, including pleadings and voluminous discovery documents; creating and maintaining a case-management database
“We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.”