At The Wine Group we are passionate about our people, our future and our wine. We are America’s second largest wine producer by volume with over 1,200 employees globally across 12 locations in California, New York and Australia. We are proud to be responsible for many of America’s most beloved wine brands, including Cupcake, Franzia, Chloe, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, AVA Grace, 7 Deadly and more. We are dedicated to our culture built on values like entrepreneurialism, innovation, social responsibility and stewardship. To learn about us and our career opportunities, check us out at www.thewinegroup.com and then come join the exciting journey at The Wine Group.
Under limited supervision, the Seasonal General Winery Worker performs general winery work, including hooking grape trucks, sanitizing equipment, assisting other personnel, general cleaning, and other winery related tasks. May work with corrosive chemicals, and at heights up to 50ft. This is a seasonal position for the harvest season, approximately June/July – October/November. Ideal candidates have related experience in a cellar, or 2+ years of experience involving consistent heavy lifting. Must be flexible to work all 3 shifts (day, swing, graveyard). Must have a positive attitude, good work ethic, and work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Performing general winery work, including hooking grape trucks, sanitizing tanks, hoses, and pipelines, assisting other personnel, and general cleaning.
- Perform winery tasks including sweeping, scooping up debris, pulling weeds, using a shovel, using water hoses for wash-down of grounds or buildings, using painting equipment, power washer, all general housekeeping and cleaning tasks, and painting equipment.
- Work with limited direct supervision and use independent judgment regarding work tasks.
- Comprehend and carry out oral and written directives.
- Train another worker in routine work responsibilities of the job.
- Perform repetitious lifting of weights up to 60 lbs.
- Maintain cooperative relations with co-workers and management. Must have an excellent safety record, attendance record and work performance record.
- Remain alert and operate all machinery and equipment and perform job tasks in a safe and efficient manner to prevent injury to the employee and himself/herself and others in the employee’s work area.
- Will perform other essential job functions as required.
- Must be 18 or older at the time of hire
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Prior experience in a similar role in a cellar, or 2+ years of experience involving consistent heavy lifting.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English. Must be able to comprehend and carry out written and verbal orders.
- Ability to work any shift, plus overtime as required by the company.
- The employee must be able to read and understand verbal and written English.
- Must be able to pass all applicable testing.
- Physical Strength: Active work; Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs., occasionally.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, and twisting in a production and outdoors environment.
- Ability to work at heights up to 50 feet.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.