Bank is Hiring for a FULL TIME
Responsible for customer service duties, sales, and relationship management while reaching established goals. Regularly achieves the New Peoples Bank delivery process and product knowledge to develop customer relationships by performing the essential functions listed below.
1. Maintain basic knowledge of all New Peoples Bank products, services, procedures, policies and appropriate regulatory issues relating to daily job functions including but not limited to: Bank Secrecy Act; Privacy; Fair Lending; Regulation E; deposit, transaction and loan accounts.
2. Demonstrate a helpful, professional, friendly attitude at all times and commitment to the high customer service standards expected at New Peoples Bank.
3. Serve as customers' single point of contact on all New Peoples Bank products and services.
4. Identify and match customer product needs with New Peoples Bank products and services by interviewing customers and discussing their financial needs including making referrals to other staff members and departments to ensure customer needs are met.
5. Meet performance goals more often than not and actively participate in all sales campaigns.
6. Retain existing customers and develops new customer relationships.
7. Implement all sales strategies, including new products and services developed by management.
8. Service customers by processing a variety of transactions quickly with minimal or no errors according to established New Peoples Bank policies and procedures; including but not limited to: accepting checks for cash and deposit; processing payments for loans and other services; maintaining logs and processing "subject to count" and mailed deposits; completing incoming and outgoing wire documentation.
9. Issues cashier checks, processes coin, and orders customer checks according to New Peoples Bank policies and procedures; assessing appropriate fees for all services.
10. Verify all transactions, place holds as appropriate and proof cash drawer upon completion of assigned shift to ensure compliance with New Peoples Bank standards policies. Seeks assistance as needed to resolve proof discrepancies.
11. Assist with night deposit procedures daily.
12. Redeem savings bonds, setting up tax addenda's appropriately.
13. Adhere to all Bank safe deposit box operational procedures, accept and process safe deposit box payments and update customer accounts accordingly.
14. Handle customer complaints or questions and determine whether manager input is needed.
15. Research, correct and re-issue new debit cards for customers with unauthorized transactions or lost/stolen cards including PIN re-issue in adherence to New Peoples Bank policies and procedures including accurate filing of necessary paperwork.
16. Complete holds and stop payment forms for checking and savings accounts as requested.
17. Assist customers with ITM related issues.
18. Follow proper procedures accurately and efficiently for all customer-servicing activities performed.
19. Perform security function by opening and closing bank and vault, and ensuring overall safety and security of bank grounds.
20. Perform Vault Custodian duties, as needed.
21. Participate in all meetings, bank functions and customer appreciation/community involvement functions as requested/assigned by supervisor.
22. Work in a team setting on various projects including employee contests, sales programs, etc.
23. Adhere to established standards and policies and procedures.
24. Deliver strong community visibility.
25. Provide assistance to lending personnel with related duties.
26. Be familiar with all security procedures and equipment.
27. Pursue personal development opportunities to improve knowledge as it relates to the position, compliance, and the Bank in general.
28. Maintain customer confidentiality in accordance with New Peoples Bank policies.
29. Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required and assigned.
30. Regularly refresh knowledge of and familiarity with online, mobile, electronic and traditional products and services. Regularly practice/rehearse customer conversation and engagement skills around the entire suite of New Peoples Bank products and services. Invite customer respect by demonstrating product and service knowledge and engaging customers around the benefits of using them.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification; they are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) less than one year of teller experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge and abilities; Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred. 1 year of business or retail experience required.
Passion for customer service. Professional etiquette. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proven sales skills.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Ability to master job specific software and hardware components.
New Peoples Bank is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.