# of Openings
Behavioral Health/Social Work
Terros Health is pleased to share an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a Youth Care - Prevention Specialist for our Out and About Community Prevention program working at our 35th Avenue location. Reporting to the Prevention Manager, the ideal individual is flexible, compassionate and professional. If you enjoy working with individuals during some of the most vulnerable times of their lives this may be just the opportunity you've been seeking. The Prevention Specialist will possess a high degree of knowledge and desire to work with the LGBTQI+ community. The individual shall work to empower communities to promote alcohol and drug free lifestyles.
We are a healthcare company focused on the whole person, providing primary care and specializing in mental health and substance use treatment for the last 50 years.
We help people live their lives in recovery and we save lives every day.
With our commitment to community engagement, we are the representatives of Terros Health to potential patients, our partners, and stakeholders. If you enjoy participating in community events, festivals, resource fairs and events where you can meet and engage others in our mission to Inspire Change for Life then this is the place for you! We are unwavering in our commitment to make referrals for all community members to services and help every individual find whole health. If you are inspired by these values, come join our team! Along with great benefits, continuous training and a welcoming environment, we offer the opportunity for you to grow in your career with Terros Health.
Terros Health is a healthcare organization of caring people, guided by our core values of integrity, compassion and empowerment. For more than four decades, the heart of everything we do is inspiring change for life. We help people manage addiction and mental illness, provide primary medical care, restore families, support our veterans, and connect individuals to the care they need.
Recently awarded among Arizona's Most Admired Companies in 2020
Terros Health is hiring a Full-Time Youth Care Prevention Specialist
Working for our Out and About Community Prevention program
Full-Time: Monday - Friday
Location: 35th Avenue (Phoenix, AZ.)
Bilingual Proficiency in English and Spanish Preferred
Bilingual Differential Pay Available!
Full Benefits, Including 401K and Generous PTO/PST (4+ weeks)
Prevention Specialist Duties Include:
- Establish relationships with program sites, community members, local law enforcement, health care providers, community centers, and service providers.
- Administer pre/post surveys to youth and adults who participate in the program or in one-time presentations to identify the level of knowledge increased by participating in such presentations.
- Identify, coordinate, and facilitate one-time presentations for schools, churches, and community organizations who provide direct services to LGBTQI+ individuals on substance use prevention including alcohol, marijuana, methamphetamines, Access to Care and trauma.
- Responsible for outreach, planning, and hosting or cohosting alternative activities.
- Collaborate with other local organizations to participate in Tabling Events that promote community networking and awareness of prevention programs by disseminating prevention education material.
Apply with your resume at www.terroshealth.org
Terros Health offers an excellent benefit package including, but not limited to:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Group life and disability insurance
- Employer matched 401(k)
- Generous PTO/paid sick leave (4+ weeks in year 1)
- Wellness and employee assistance plan
- Minimum of Bachelors' degree in behavioral health or related field. Two-years' BHT experience or able to meet requirements with a combination of experience in community engagement and organizing, community change initiatives, and working with youth highly preferred.
- Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish preferred. Must pass the Spanish language test with ALTA services within 30 days of assuming role.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High level of competency in Microsoft Word Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and teleconferencing platforms (Zoom, Webex, GoToWebinar).
- Knowledge of science-based prevention models including the risk and protective factors and the community mobilization framework.
- Six months proven experience in working with high risk youth populations and community members preferred.
- Experience in working with high risk youth populations and community members preferred.
- Must be willing to work with all cultures and sub-cultures that comprise the population of Maricopa County in a non-judgmental and value clear manner.
- Must have or be able to attain CPR/First Aid certification within 60 days of assuming role.
- Flexibility and ability to work evenings and weekends if the Program Manager deems it necessary to achieve the objectives of the program.
- Must have a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card or apply for an Arizona fingerprint clearance card (Level 1) within 7 working days of assuming role.
- Must have valid Arizona driver's license, be 22 years of age with minimum 3 years driving experience and meet requirements of Terros Health's driving policy.
- Must pass a TB Test.
Physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
COVID 19 Precautions:
Terros Health remains open for all our patients' health and wellness needs. We have put in place many protocols to protect our employees and patients and to create a safe work environment. Visit our website to learn more: https://www.terroshealth.org/covid-19/