Repair online or offline welding of assembly chassis parts – Machine setup, start machine and operate pre-programmed cycle at defined performance efficiency.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must be certified by Gestamp after passing 3 weld test (butt, lap, and horizontal T welds). Certification is granted after microscope examination of the 3 weld cuts per Gestamp Global standard.
- Welder 1 is basic certification with ability to run production mig welding operation.
- Follow Standardized Work Instructions.
- Supports the teams in Operational improvement.
- Quality Checks and Inspections.
- Problem Solving – Learn to recognize and solve the malfunctioning of the machine and recognize and solve quality problems of formed part.
- Make process checks/inspections.
- Place component parts in fixture to be welded - Remove formed part from fixture.
- Finalize component parts to ready them for assembly into final products. This may include, but is not limited to deburring, assembly using nuts and bolts, etc.
- Know the proper and improper use of PPE and equipment and comply with all OSHA Safety and Health rules.
- Supports Operational Performance Metrics and meets targets for improvement.
- Read, record, and follow data as needed/assist in documenting standardized work.
- Make labels using SAP system if necessary.
- Material handling if necessary.
- Cleaning and enhancing their work area and Perform 5S audits.
- Develop ideas for Kaizen and participate in implementation.
- Cross Train on additional work stations.
- Backfill when necessary at other workstations.
- Perform other assigned duties as deemed necessary or appropriate
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent required. A.S. in welding technology or TCAT welding certification is highly preferred.
- Previous employment in a manufacturing environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must be flexible relative to the work schedule including possible mandatory overtime.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, manipulate, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk and hear
- Employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so other will understand
- The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted