City of Madison, Il.
Application for Employment
The City of Madison, Illinois is accepting applications to establish a Police Officer Eligibility List for both Lateral Hire and Entry Level Hire.
The qualifications listed below are not complete. For a Complete listing of qualifications, please refer to the Rules & Regulations enclosed in each application packet.
- Be at least 21 years of age at the time of the application deadline.
- Possess or be able to obtain a valid Illinois driver’s license.
- Pass a written examination, or interview, background investigation, polygraph test, psychological exam, physical agility test, drug screening and a thorough medical examination.
- Have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Have 20/20 vision or at least 20/50 binocular vision without glasses, correctable to 20/20 with glasses and shall not be color blind.
- Applicants must sign up at the desk of the Madison Police Department, 615 Madison Ave., Madison, Il. between the hours of 9:00 am starting Monday June 7, 2021 through Monday June 21, 2021. No signings after 11:59 p.m. on June 21, 2021.
- Mandatory orientation will be held on Saturday June 26, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. at the Madison Fire Station located at 1800 3rd Street, Madison, Il.
- Application packets will be handed out at the mandatory orientation.
- Written and agility testing will be conducted on July 10, 2021 at a site to be determined.
- The City of Madison is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Board of Police Commissioners