Machine Learning & Serving EPM, Ad Platforms
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jun 7, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200252461
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people's lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Our platforms are highly performant, deployed at scale, and set new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy! Our Engineering Project Management team is looking for a highly-functioning, self-driven, and versatile senior EPM who can drive complex projects that are key to our products performance and business growth. As part of the EPM team, you will own delivery responsibilities on projects that seek to build out scalable platforms and reliable systems that service core applications, while at the same time adhering to the highest levels of privacy and security that Apple holds. You will be responsible for working through project dependencies, risks, and deliver measurable outcomes against timelines in a fast-paced environment. You will have the opportunity to collaborate closely with engineers and architects to define, refine, and/or refactor approaches, designs, and architectures, and apply relevant prior experiences to address new and exciting challenges that face the organization in the future. You will also partner cross-functionally with other EPMs, engineering teams, product managers, and business operations to drive projects to successful completion.
- Minimum of 5 years of project experiences with scalable platforms and resilient architectures. Experiences with machine learning platforms, low latency architectures and cloud architectures is strongly preferred
- 5 + years in roles such as a Technical Project Manager, Technical Product Owner, Engineering Manager, and/or Solution Architect in a relevant field. Consulting experiences is a plus but not required
- Experiences in a cross-functional role
- Passionate about project delivery and outcomes!
- Clear and effective communicator, who enjoys collaborative problem solving
- Own the project planning, delivery, work breakdowns, resource planning, and day-to-day project management using suitable methodologies - Apply knowledge of our architectures to plan, drive, and deliver key initiatives including, but not limited to, ML platforms and serving architectures - Partner with EPM, engineering, and Product teams to identify product and technical requirements, and lead our team through dependencies and delivery milestones - Work closely with our engineering management team to form quarterly plans that contribute towards overall technology direction - Negotiate the sequencing and timing of delivery with technology leadership, Product, and engineering teams - Develop and implement communication strategies for advising the Ad Platforms organization of critical updates, their timing, impacts, and success and failure - Understand and articulate delivery impact to stakeholders such as end consumers, the business, and other Apple teams - Apply knowledge from prior experiences with Agile projects and programs to the execution of your projects
Education & Experience
Bachelors, Masters, or equivalent professional experience in Computer Science, Distributed Systems, Software Engineering, or related field