WebKit Authentication, Cryptography, and Security Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jun 7, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200251065
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Safari and WebKit team is responsible for Safari, the world's fastest web browser. WebKit is also the name of the Open Source iOS and macOS framework that powers Mail, iBooks, and many other applications across all of our product lines. As a WebKit Security and Cryptography Engineer your role will be to expand WebKit's support for new web-exposed cryptography, authentication, and security features.
- Strong skills in a manual memory managed (e.g., pointer-based) language such as; C/C++/Objective C.
- Prior experience or college level coursework in cryptography.
- Must be able to understand C++ code by reading it.
- Experience programming with libraries through API without having access to the implementation details.
You will be responsible for implementing support for cryptographic features in WebKit, as well as investigating problems and improving security in such features. You will also play a key role in improving authentication features, guarding against web-based malware, and creating anti-fraud features. Specific job duties will include: - Implementing new web engine features related to authentication, cryptography, and security. - Reading and understanding web standards specifications. - Working with Apple's Security, Cryptography, and Authentication teams on platform features. - Investigating bugs reported in WebKit-based applications. - Designing security improvements and mitigations for potential security risks in the platform. - Interacting with developers on the Open Source WebKit project. At Apple, user privacy and security is paramount. You will play a critical role in advancing these features for millions of users across the many products and services we make.
Education & Experience
BS Degree or equivalent years of experience.
- Engineers often build successful careers on the WebKit team without prior experience working in web browsers. Some of these skills can give you a helpful head start:
- - Experience with UIKit, AppKit, CoreCrypto, and LocalAuthentication frameworks.
- - Experience with systems programming and inter-process communication.