Location: 3092-Groot East
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Groot Industries, a subsidiary of Waste Connections is looking for an Operations Manager to join our team at our Elk Grove hauling site. This role will not only be a leader but also someone who wants to still go out and take part in the action. Waste Connections is a large, publicly-traded solid waste services company that provides non-hazardous waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in mostly exclusive and secondary markets in the U.S. and Canada. If you are looking for a career and not just a job, then Waste Connections might be the company for you.
Why join us:
- Tremendous opportunities for internal growth within the company
- A company that is continuously growing and in a stable industry
- Hear what our current Operations teams have to say:https://vimeo.com/395283446
- Position may require relocation within 1-2 years for promotional purposes (company paid)
- Helps develop and execute safety goals.
- Monitors progress of daily operations and make staffing and operational changes as necessary.
- Conducts inspections and audits of site personnel to ensure proper work procedures
- Receives and reviews customer complaints
- Formulates both short-term and long-term goals and action plans with the District Manager
- Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure budgets labor and material costs are met
- Oversees a variety of complex compliance programs, including environmental, OSHA, and local permitting.
- Previous operations experience in the Trash Industry preferred but not required
- 2 or more years of managing in a people driven environment
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA guidelines
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Excel/Word and the ability to learn and use company specialized applications
- Must be detail oriented, highly accountable and able to prioritize tasks
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- The ability to relocate for promotional purposes (company paid)
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, short term and long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future". For more information and to apply, please visit www.wasteconnections.com.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)