The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we’ve modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees—including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.
Lead of Data Analytics
Job Summary This is a unique opportunity to gain broad experience, have significant responsibility for a variety of projects and engage with key decision makers. The Lead of Data Analytics is responsible for independently conducting quantitative analytics and mathematical modeling projects that support strategic and operational priorities. The role will also assume the responsibility of researching best practices in the industry and gathering competitive intelligence to identity potential trends and risks in the market.
Reporting Structure The Lead of Data Analytics will report to the Sr. Manager of Sales & Marketing Analytics as a part of the Financial Planning and Analysis. There is one direct report reporting into this role.
- Perform quantitative research in the business-related field and other thematic areas. Research includes data mining, model building/maintenance, and developing reports to answer data-related queries
- Generate and test hypotheses using appropriate econometric study designs and extract meaningful evidence-based narratives from technical analyses
- Produce and analyze comparative statistical reports to identify trends, patterns, or fluctuations in key performance indicators (KPIs), and recommends key ideas to senior management
- Contribute to efforts to improve data consistency, cleanliness, and ease of use
- Maintain and improve legacy models, code, tools, and infrastructure supporting BM analyses
- Design, implement and support new analytic models based on business needs
- Analyze web traffic and site behavior KPIs using Google Analytics data. Derive insights to support business decisions and improve customer site experience
- Assist with user acceptance testing and participate in the website tagging initiative, from the development of requirements to final implementation in Google Tag Manager
- Build and maintain customized daily, monthly and quarterly reporting dashboards ranging from high level executive summaries to in-depth metric-specific analyses
- Analyze business issues related to online customer service, e-commerce and branding
- Partner closely with team members and Data Engineers to provide technical consultation on quantitative methods, data pipelines, and software requirements
- BA/BS and MS in Economics or Statistics, or other quantitative discipline required; PhD preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in business/consumer analytics
- Solid grasp of microeconomic/consumer theory, experimental design, and sensitivity analysis
- Strong technical skills: MS Office; data visualization tools (i.e., Tableau, Qlik Sense); data querying tools (i.e., Business Intelligence), programming tools (i.e. R, Python); other (Google Analytics, Data Bricks, Azure)
- Ability to work in a rapidly evolving environment, while quickly grasping and applying new concepts in order to meet deadlines under pressure with accurate and relevant analysis
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with internal business stakeholders by fully understanding and meeting their expectations
- Seen as a team player that encourages collaboration and quickly gains trust and support of peers. Finds common ground and solves problems for the benefit of all.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- This position requires minimal travel on as needed basis
- There are minimal physical requirements for this position