Location: Mequon - Wisconsin
Location: Cleveland - Ohio
Location: Kansas City - Missouri
Enterprise Integration Architect
The Enterprise Integration Architect is responsible for conceptual development on how Rockwell Automation's Power Control Business Portfolio is represented within a Connected Enterprise industrial automation system.
- Defines methodologies on how power control devices efficiently manage data across the Connected Enterprise.
- Creates and maintains capability maps of how power control devices interact with the automation system.
- Focuses on simplifying and optimizing User Experience of power control devices within a system environment.
- Owns the Power Control Enterprise Enablement technical roadmap and keeps abreast on current technology. Leads the system integration stream, while partnering closely with product management to deliver a Common Architecture Vision strategy.
- Effectively collaborates across business operating segments to understand current and future software platforms and defines strategy on how Power Controls Business portfolio will effectively integrate.
- Has deep understanding of the FactoryTalk namespace, Rockwell Automation Edge/Cloud namespace, and the current applications contained within.
- High functioning contributor to the Power Controls Business simplicity effort of making products easier to use at the system level.
- Supports in-flight programs, reviewing Product Requirements and Functional Requirements documents in the initial stages of product development, while responsible for generating requirement and high-level design specifications.
- Effectively collaborates with peer architects and subject matter experts to facilitate delivery of simplified and differentiated products and solutions that solve real-world customer problems. Leads cross functional teams within the organization.
- Delivers and supports the deployment of re-usable engineering content and leads any associated knowledge capture.
- Defines requirements for SaaS and FaaS software and edge applications that would enable simplified customer access to data.
Information Processing Capability
- Possesses a strong system or customer view, is an abstract thinker, and can step away from the details to look at "the big picture".
- Able to create clarity from ambiguity.
- Can lead a cross functional team of Architects (System and Functional) assembled to work as a high-performance team to deliver world class hardware architectures for various products.
- Leads and coordinates cross BU technical alignment from an Information Software and system mindset point of view.
- Technology owner who influences roadmaps of Information Software and Software and Control for identified PCB use-case.
- Able to provide leadership in identifying strategic needs, drafting a vision, selling the vision, and executing against the strategic initiative.
- Demonstrates thought leadership via customer support, presentations and white papers
- Creator of business value, differentiation, cost competitiveness, and business strategy enablement
- Effective leader with ability to lead, inspire and develop others to deliver their best performance.
- Highly resilient; pursues tasks with drive and a sense of urgency. Consistently moves problems toward resolution; helps others do the same.
- Committed to developing strong relationships and collaborative partnerships. Supports the goals and initiatives of other businesses and functional support organizations.
- Can effectively work across company boundaries and bridge gaps between theory and practice.
- Effective collaborator and innovation enabler; embraces and shares ideas, engages others to improve and realize innovations.
- High performance team member who helps the team win as a group, expands the teams strengths, and motivates peers
Accepts Role Requirements:
- Presents enterprise integration architecture plans to senior executives when necessary.
- Passionate about leading and developing teams; track record of mentoring and developing talent.
- Manages varying priorities and pre-consideration design requests, etc.
- Provide leadership for key marketing and product initiatives.
- Influential leader who is viewed as a stakeholder manager, able to effectively compile and sell ideas with strategic messaging and compelling communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum 5 years of customer experience of implementing automation and information software systems.
- Minimum of 15 years design experience in engineering.
- Minimum of 8 years working as a design lead and leader - Proven ability to influence change and build effective partnerships in a matrix environment.
- MS Degree or relevant advanced degree preferred.
- Understands how customers use our products and how they fit into target applications and system environments.
- Understands the competitive landscape for our technology and products.
- Demonstrated ability to drive innovation and differentiation.
- Experienced in proof-of-concept development and specification.
- Experience in working within manufacturing domain - understanding typical OT and IT components of manufacturing operations: MES, CMMS, PLC, DCS, SCADA, HMI, ERP, Asset Management and similar.
- Experience with industrial automation, OSI PI, data acquisition and edge technologies.
- Understanding of level 0/1 sensor and PLC systems, architectures, and data types is preferred.
- Competency in object-oriented development patterns in Java and .NET
- Demonstrated domain experience in one industry segment (Automotive, Mining, Pharma, CPG, etc.)
- Experience with SQL database management
- Familiarity with FactoryTalk Historian, OSISoft PI, PTC ThingWorx and FactoryTalk Analytics
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).