Location: 2032-Waste Control Hauling
CDL Roll Off Driver
Waste Control, a Waste Connections Company is looking for a safety conscience Roll Off Driver to join the team in Longview, Washington. Previous waste experience would be a huge plus! This position will be driving a roll-off truck to the mills. Picking up drop boxes at the mill and bringing them to the Transfer Station to dump and then back to the mills
Hours will be Thursday - Sunday Starting at 4:30pm to 3:30am with (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off). This route typically averages about 45 hours a week. Rate of pay will be $23.00/HR.
Click on the following link to chat with a Virtual assistant about this opportunity: https://olivia.paradox.ai/in/WasteConnections/AshleyAdamson
Looking for a Career Path with a G R O W I N G Company?! As a member of our elite team of Drivers, you will feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal, making our Customer Service the best in the industry! Do you have a Class A or B CDL? Does driving a LOCAL route every day sound great? If the answer is Yes, then you're who were looking for!
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE:WCN) - We are an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services. The Company serves more than 7 million residential, commercial and industrial customers across 40 States, The District of Columbia and 6 Canadian Provinces. Forbes Magazine voted Waste Connections as one of the Top 200 small & mid-cap Companies in America", 3 Years in a Row!
To Chat with a Virtual Assistant please click on this link: https://olivia.paradox.ai/in/WasteConnections/AshleyAdamson
Click here to view a "Day in the Life" of our Drivers: http://www.maddash.net/videos/waste-connections/driver
Why you need to join us!
- CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self directed All-stars know what they do is important.
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits.
- Paid Time Off
- Yearly Boot Allowance of $250.00
- $$ Yearly Safety Bonus $$
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In this position you will be operating a roll off truck on a specified route.
- Ability to read route tablet and service each customer identified on the Route Tablet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and unloading, at times with no helpers.
- Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse and dispose of trash at designated facilities.
- Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- A typical schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, with an occasional Saturday as needed, 45 hour work week.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Disposing of contents from Garbage cans Manually into the back of the Garbage truck.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class A or B CDL with air brakes endorsement as a minimum.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Basic knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre- and post-trip inspections.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)