The Cash Application Specialist will handle cash application for 40+ Captives, totaling over $2B of premium. Responsible for data input into Pega System (or other required systems) for incoming wires, checks, and other payments. Works with broker partners and internal departments to obtain necessary documentation needed to reconcile unapplied cash to the appropriate captive.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Associates Degree in Business, Finance or other related discipline. At least two to three (2-3) years of cash handling experience; within the insurance industry is a plus.
- Detail oriented
- High level of confidentiality
- High level of accuracy
- Ability to handle deadlines and work under pressure at times
- Organizational, planning, and prioritization skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and judgment skills
- Works well independently and in a team environment
- Sense of accomplishment
- Strong initiative
- Interpersonal skills and open communication
- Commitment to company values
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office -Word, Excel (Intermediate to Advanced).
- Availability to work additional hours when needed
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Application of cash to open A/R invoices in the Pega system and other required systems or spreadsheets, as applicable
- Research and document the application of broker payments to individual captive member accounts
- Work with internal and external contacts to investigate and resolve any irregularities, inquires and partial payments.
- Decipher and reconcile unapplied cash
- Highlight discrepancies and/or concerns to appropriate teams, including management as appropriate
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
PRIORITIES: Accurate documentation and data input into Pega System or other required systems for incoming wires, checks, and other payments.