- Date Posted: 5/19/2021
- Location: District Office
- Date Available: on or about 7/1/21
- Closing Date: 06/19/2021
TITLE: Deputy Superintendent for School Improvement and Community Engagement
REPORTS TO: Superintendent of Schools
SUPERVISES: Director of Student Services, Director of Technology (ISC), Instructional Directors and Public Relations
JOB GOAL: To support the Superintendent of Schools with the implementation of strategic planning oversight.
QUALIFICATIONS and CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- Minimum of eight years of successful professional employment experience in education, including teaching, supervision, and administration.
- Graduate study beyond the master's degree with emphasis on supervision and administration.
- Valid New York State certification as School District Administrator or School District Leader.
- Central Office Experience Preferred
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent of Schools may find appropriate based on the roles and responsibilities of the position.
Serves as a member of the District Leadership team under the direction of the Superintendent of Schools; this outstanding educational leader will support the effective, equitable and inclusive provision of instructional programs and services and will engage the school community in the development of these programs. This leader will be responsible for the implementation, integration, alignment, coordination and monitoring of the district’s strategy to promote school improvement, student learning, professional development and engagement with the school community.
Responsible & Caring Educator
An educational leader who is a culturally appreciative and sensitive person who models and promotes awareness and understanding of various cultures, backgrounds, orientations and religion.
A person who has a true sense of loyalty and dedication to the Fairport Central School District and models good character and cultural competence by conducting their time at work and in their daily lives with integrity, self-discipline and respect for self and others.
Critical & Innovative Thinker
An individual who is a self-directed learner that understands, appreciates and actively pursues lifelong learning; cultivates intellectual curiosity and embraces change; a collaborative partner who can comprehend and express knowledge; demonstrated flexibility and effectively problem solves with others, and adapts/compromises to achieve equitable outcomes.
A leader who values and respects different people, perspectives, and practices and experiences and uses ingenuity to define and solve problems from a larger context.
An individual who safely, legally, ethically and proficiently uses technology and informational resources to redefine practices. Uses data to inform practices and communicates with clarity and purpose to enhance production of the organization.
- Serves as a member of the Superintendent’s District Office Cabinet
- Develops and executes and a comprehensive plan for proactive reporting on the status of student performance and operations efficiency, consistent and accurate collection of data-sets of all aspects of the district and student demographic data, including but not limited to grading and reporting, student satisfaction surveys, attendance, student course registration and services delivery.
- Works with school community stakeholders to assess and make recommendations to align the District’s Strategic Initiatives.
- Develops, implements and monitors action plans for continuous improvement.
- Assists in leading the District in implementing strategic initiatives.
- Partners with district leaders, faculty, students, staff, and internal and external constituencies to ensure programming supports the District’s core values and strategic goals.
- Serves as Acting Superintendent in the absence of the Superintendent.
- Ensures the District’s commitment to a climate of inclusion and equitable outcomes through interaction with the administration, faculty, staff, students, parents and the community.
- Leads and supports planning with district policies, hiring practices, curriculum management, policy and data analysis, district communication, budget allocation, professional development and community engagement.
- Assists in the development of a plan to engage school members; fosters and sustains an inclusive culture for professional learning and community engagement.
- Coordinates school and community relations to ensure fair and equitable treatment of students and engagement with families
- Ensures and promotes the district’s commitment to an inclusive and equitable climate through interactions with the community.
- Plans strategic communication such as the development of school and community forums and publications.
- Monitors and oversees the District’s website and social media.
- Collaborates with regional area networks to promote best practices, positive outcomes for students and partnerships.
- Assists the Superintendent with the supervision of principals and assistant principals
- Ensures and promotes the alignment and integration of programming with the District’s vision.
- Provides consultation to building administrators around master scheduling, instructional coaching, student course registration, course changes/offerings and other scheduling matters to support student services.
- Advises the principals on how to integrate partners and community members in school governance structures (School leadership, School Safety, RtI, Attendance Teams, Equity Design and Social/Emotional Learning).
- Provides consultation to building administrators around an aligned student support system and student management.
- Verifies the coordination of instructional technology and online learning.
- Supports and verifies the coordination of building and grade level transitions, K-12.
- Provides oversight of district-wide educational services, particularly as they relate to the District Code of Conduct, DASA Reporting, student support teams, student registration, residency, school boundaries, homeschooling, tutoring and Medicaid compliance. Assists and supports employees with school improvement initiatives and processes, and constructs data-sets to monitor implementation efforts. Collaborates with the Superintendent and promotes the district’s commitment to fair and equitable treatment of students through interactions with the administration, faculty, staff, students, parents and the community.
- Collaborates with the Superintendent and monitors the progress of the District’s curriculum management to verify alignment with the District’s Strategic Initiatives and to ensure fair and equitable access and outcomes for students.
- Collaborates with the Instructional Directors and K-12 teacher leaders to assess and develop curriculum inclusive of social emotional learning, culturally responsive teaching and Trauma Informed Practices.
- Monitors the progress of Instructional Directors and K-12 teacher leaders to ensure equitable outcomes for students with exemplar K-12 programming and curricula.
- Leads and provides staff development by analyzing relevant student data.
- Collaborates with the Director of Technology to verify the coordination of instructional technology and online learning, K-12.
- Collaborates with the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources to support Annual Professional Performance Review (APPR) Regulation and verifying the calibration of Instructional Leadership for Building Administrators.
- In partnership with the Assistant Superintendent for Business, assists with aspects of the budget pertaining to access and equity; recommends staffing needs to ensure full access and equity implementation.
- Performs such other tasks and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Superintendent of Schools.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month year. Managerial status under the Taylor Law. Salary and benefits determined by the Board of Education.
EVALUATION: Performance in this position will be evaluated by the Superintendent of Schools.
The Fairport Central School District is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The District is committed to achieving a more diverse workforce. Candidates of diverse backgrounds and experience are strongly encouraged to apply.