Engineering Program Manager (EPM)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: May 5, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200244759
Do you want to be right in the middle of delivering something truly remarkable? Apple is seeking an experienced wireless systems/protocol Engineering Program Manager to work with internal and external cross-functional teams to realize an exciting new capability. This EPM role will be heavily focused on wireless protocols (e.g. WiFi, LTE). This EPM will be responsible for aligning and driving trade studies, make vs buy decisions, as well as, the development and validation programs to realize these wireless capabilities. EPMs facilitate good communication and offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management. In addition, they will drive day-to day program activities, development planning, execution & risk assessments to meet overall program objectives for development projects. Our teams feature a collaborative environment with creative people and cutting edge technologies. Engineering excellence is expected and encouraged. Come, join us in crafting solutions the world doesn't know of yet!
- 6+ years of industry experience & project management experience with 4+ years of experience with wireless protocols like LTE and Wi-Fi.
- Adept at driving technical investigation and trade studies with technical, regulatory, and specification organization.
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty.
- Self motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience, coupled with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Key Qualifications (preferred): Experience managing SW development efforts with outside companies.
A successful candidate will have a proven track record of aligning and driving independent technical teams, internal and external. The right candidate has keen eye for identifying the critical issues and is adept and enabling and pushing the team to achieve desired outcomes. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: - Drive and coordinate technical trade studies and make/buy decisions. - Drive and manage development schedules, key dependencies, and risk. - Coordinate with the various teams to develop, manage, and report technical and schedule dependencies. - Identify and highlight technical risk areas and mitigation strategies in partnership with Apple technologists. - Develop tools and methods to increase efficiency and determinism of outcomes. - Communicate key developments and updates on new projects/products at executive level.
Education & Experience
BS/MS degree in engineering/computer science or equivalent experience.