AI/ML - Engineering Manager, Siri Experience (Power & Perf)
Seattle , Washington , United States
Machine Learning and AI
Posted: Jun 7, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200223382
The Siri team in the AI / ML group at Apple is looking for an exceptional power & performance engineer to lead work to identify bottlenecks and optimize our Siri software stack. In this highly collaborative role, you will be at the center of multiple efforts to accelerate and optimize on-device Siri for efficient use of on-device resources while delivering accurate and fast results. You will work with silicon teams in providing requirements on changes that are beneficial to Siri. We are looking for someone deeply familiar with the interaction of software and on-device computational units, caches and memory, who is passionate about identifying and optimizing performance bottlenecks. You should have a strong mix of education and practical experience with a real passion for diving in to challenging problems head first!
- Strong and proven software development skills
- Good understanding of low level software and computer architecture.
- Creative, collaborative, and product-focused
- Passion for analyzing, identifying, and optimizing performance bottlenecks
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Experience with Swift, Objective-C and Apple development tools is a definite plus!
- Experience in machine learning fundamentals also a plus
- Excellent communication skills
Work includes: - Collaborating with a diverse set of hardware and software teams to define performance requirements and resource budgets, select and measure key use cases, identify bottlenecks, and provide metrics and guidance for optimizing complex hardware/software systems across all device classes. - Leading a focused team in using, developing and automating measurement tools - Hands-on creating and running tests, analyzing data, and writing tools. - Contributing to long term software and hardware architecture to provide the most performant, efficient and valuable customer experiences.
Education & Experience
BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science with 4+ years experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.