Albany , New York , United States
Posted: May 5, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200242683
Do you have a passion for hands-on problem solving? Do you love helping others by sharing your technical knowledge? At the Apple Store, you maintain customers' trust in Apple as a skilled technician, analyzing and repairing products. You use your amazing diagnostic and people skills to assure Genius Bar customers of swift resolutions to their technical issues. You offer advice on accompanying accessories that will further improve the customer's experience with Apple products. You also educate your team members about products, while independently keeping your own technical know-how up to date. With your customer service brilliance and compassionate nature, you provide advice and support to both customers and team members. The Technical Expert combines extensive functional troubleshooting skills with an ability to inspire excitement around ownership across the Apple ecosystem-with a focus on iPhone. After conducting a thorough diagnosis, the Technical Expert enables the customer to select the best repair or upgrade option to meet their needs. They perform repairs on iPhones and other Apple products as required. In addition, they educate, mentor, and improve the knowledge of our Technical Specialists, and they benefit from the mentorship of the Genius team.
- Certified to repair iOS devices.
- Ability to listen and provide feedback and mentorship to others.
- Can identify patterns based upon prior troubleshooting experience to diagnose symptoms and causes.
You troubleshoot, diagnose and perform repairs of iOS devices, Apple TV, Apple Watch, Beats, and other small devices and their accompanying software. You explain where technical issues may originate from as a result of having a deep understanding of hardware and software components. You support the pickup process for the team and customers. You mentor Technical Specialists on technical and customer service issues. You identify all customer needs and present product and service solutions. You empathize when technology is not working as expected and explain difficult technical problems in a manner in which the customer understands. You support customers in a timely manner and balance priorities to achieve individual and team productivity goals. You set reasonable expectations for customers and keep them updated throughout their interaction. You document all pertinent user information and the nature of the problem with accuracy in all supported systems. You record all transactions accurately to maintain service and inventory part accuracy. You develop product knowledge and research required information using all available tools and resources. You maintain knowledge of current in-store and online products and services, promotions, merchandise features, inventory, policies, and procedures. You offer accompanying accessories to improve the customer experience with iOS and other devices. You partner closely with the Product Zone team if a customer chooses to make a purchase. You identify and continuously provide feedback to Apple on unique customer problems and other issues. You perform additional support like check-in duties or service functions as needed.
Education & Experience
- Experience analyzing and solving technical problems.
- Significant technical expertise on Apple products and services.
- Experience solving hardware and software issues in a customer service environment.
- Strong social skills and experience navigating customer service issues with empathy.
- Strong instinct to act quickly and are motivated to do what's best for the customer and Apple, often anticipating and adjusting for problems and roadblocks.
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and can make decisions quickly, sometimes under tight deadlines.
- Shown success in team environments demonstrating shared responsibility and accountability with other team members.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style to different audiences.
- If you live in Colorado, please click here .