Tuesday, June 8, 2021
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media
assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S.,
and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with
more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing
services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which
are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events
business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
News - Photographer/Videographer
Fort Collins, Colorado
Are you a creative, visual storyteller? A pro in both photography and videography? Are you passionate about acting as a public ambassador through community outreach and connecting with readers through social media? Do you love collaborating with others to shape storytelling that will generate audience interest? Are you interested in becoming a certified member of our drone journalism team?
If you answered yes, keep reading.
The Fort Collins Coloradoan, a member of Gannett Co., Inc. and the USA TODAY NETWORK, is looking for photographer/videographer to join our digital-first team.
In this role, you will:
- Create quality multimedia storytelling using photography, videography and text that accurately informs, entertains and engages our audience.
- Use audience metrics to assist in making coverage decisions.
- Demonstrate high command of techniques and sophisticated craftsmanship in photo/video storytelling and community engagement. Act as a community watchdog in this area of expertise.
- Collaborate and connect with the community through visual storytelling and outreach (social media, on camera, forums, community leadership, etc.).
- Work with content coaches and other journalists to evaluate what's working and what's not, and develop ongoing plans to better satisfy audience needs.
- Work on special projects and perform editing of visuals when needed.
- Promote personal brand, the brands of colleagues and the institutional brand.
- Provide great customer service, helping our audience find answers and solutions.
This job will include evening and weekend work, and the selected candidate will be expected to successfully complete FAA Part 107 requirements to join our USA TODAY Network drone team.
Here's what you need:
- Degree in communications, journalism or equivalent experience and education
- Internship or previous experience in the job duties preferred
- Experience with multimedia storytelling techniques on multiple platforms
- Exceptional core photojournalism skills (reporting, photography and videography)
- Ability to use basic and advanced computer programs, including but not limited to video editing software and Adobe Photoshop
- Deep understanding of and curiosity about competition for our customers time and money
- Be self-motivated and self-directed
- Strong industry knowledge
- Organizational skills
- Understanding of social media and how to respond and engage fan base on digital platforms
- Be an effective communicator; able to get along with diverse personalities
- Be able to multitask and excel under intense deadline pressure in a rapidly changing environment
- Know how to use time efficiently in a 24-hour news environment
- The ability to work collaboratively within a cross-functional environment
- Must embrace peer-to-peer feedback and training
- Ability to apply innovative, creative thinking to support the company's goals
- Proficient writing, spelling, grammar, AP and local style skills
- Command of media law and USA TODAY Network Principles of Ethical Conduct
- Candidates must have a valid driver's license with a good driving record, proof of insurance and their own transportation.
Here's what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
The annual pay range for this position is $35,000 to $40,000.
Fort Collins is consistently rated as one of the best places to live in the United States. At the foot of the Rockies, were an hour north of Denver and home to some of the best outdoors, biking and dining experiences in the region. Oh yeah, and our craft beer scene is pretty great, too.
The Coloradoan is a digitally oriented newsroom that demands excellence in multi-platform storytelling. Want to wow us? Go beyond the byline. Show us how you can bring your work to readers in real time and via the many multimedia tools at your disposal. Show us excellent communication skills mixed with an inquisitive mind and a bold use of diverse sources. If you can show us those traits, wed love to win with you.
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, dont limit your upload to a resume; show us what youve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes as much of the following as you can provide:
- Your resume condensed to a few pages.
- A cover letter that describes what you would bring to the job.
- Links to 3-6 online samples of your work. Show us what youve produced or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do.
*It's important that these items be assembled into a single document in PDF format. The application will only allow you to upload one document. Completing these steps will ensure that you receive the highest consideration.
Gannett Co., Inc.is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Photography & Video